Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Giovanni Drogo
Forum: London Transport December 6th 13, 07:49 AM
Replies: 280
Posted By Giovanni Drogo
Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013, wrote:

Mentioning Milan isn't it one of the very few places where at least
one line was electrified on a four rail system like London?don't know
if...
Forum: London Transport December 5th 13, 02:17 PM
Replies: 280
Posted By Giovanni Drogo
Proposal - every Tube ticket office to close by 2015

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013, Aurora wrote:

To give an example outwith TfL: Thirty years back my (UK) local
station was an uninviting pair of platforms.

Today the station is regularly painted in SWT...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 12, 12:07 PM
Replies: 173
Posted By Giovanni Drogo
Why did the Metropolitan Railway go to Verney Junction?

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012, 77002 wrote:

For example major nodes like Camden Town, Clapham Junction, and West
Hampstead would see high rise (32, 22, 12 floor, depending) condos
over and around the...
Forum: London Transport April 12th 12, 10:18 AM
Replies: 211
Posted By Giovanni Drogo
Crossrail tunnelling to start shortly

On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, 77002 wrote:

A straight line, down from the UK, takes one to New Zealand I believe.

I have always been taught that New Zealand is at the antipodes of Italy
(also because...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 08, 08:11 AM
Replies: 337
Posted By Giovanni Drogo
How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

do you know how much was a ticket for the London underground in the
early '60s?

Not fully on-topic, but I remember pretty well that the price of the
first Milan Underground ticket (flat...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 06, 08:02 AM
Replies: 190
Posted By Giovanni Drogo
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Dik T. Winter wrote:
Phil Clark writes:
On Sun, 2 Jul 2006 09:54:57 +0100, "Richard M Willis"

Is panini already a plural word ?
Yes, the...
Forum: London Transport June 30th 06, 02:17 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Giovanni Drogo
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?/British Standard BS7666.

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, Dik T. Winter wrote:

I think for somebody in the Netherlands it is always much more irritating.
Provinces are almost never mentioned in an address

Provinces (two-letter...
Forum: London Transport June 28th 06, 02:27 PM
Replies: 190
Posted By Giovanni Drogo
St Johns Wood or St John's Wood?

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Paul Terry wrote:

shame"). But one of the most common examples was to show the omitted final e
in the genitive singular of Old English (which ends with -es in the majority
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Forum Jump