Showing results 1 to 25 of 43
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Frank Incense
Forum: London Transport April 9th 09, 04:31 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Frank Incense
No full metropolitan line service this weekend - again

Why are they chopping down the trees?

STEAM! Back in the days of old when steam ran, the heat and exhaust used to
keep any trees at bay and preventing them from encroaching too close to the...
Forum: London Transport February 19th 09, 12:17 PM
Replies: 40
Posted By Frank Incense
Can't the tube just go one day without some major fsckup?

Often, the root cause...
Forum: London Transport February 19th 09, 10:30 AM
Replies: 40
Posted By Frank Incense
Can't the tube just go one day without some major fsckup?

Do points often randomly move on their own when a
signals fails to red or whatever the victoria line equivalent is?

AIUI - its in the wiring of the said point/s and signal.
The "green" proves to...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 09, 06:56 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank Incense
Where is the "Way Out"

Recently had to use KX (Piccadilly Line) and noticed that on both platforms
there were NO "Way Out" signs. well thats a bit of a fib really as there
were a couple, but these were in the smallest...
Forum: London Transport January 26th 09, 12:11 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Frank Incense
stay on or get off?

In one day there were 3 incidents of people jumping under trains last Friday
on Metropolitan, Jubilee and Central.
Forum: London Transport January 15th 09, 12:20 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Frank Incense
New LU toilet map

They should put a load of these around like in Amsterdam - bloody excellent
after a day on the beer ;)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/herbivore/325323197/
Forum: London Transport January 12th 09, 11:32 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Frank Incense
Approach-control signal, Moorgate Met

I don't recall ever *not* having been slowed half way up the
platform.

Neil

I have, on a few occasions. Maybe it depends on the drivers skill?
Forum: London Transport December 22nd 08, 10:47 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank Incense
Circle line information at Paddington

How can this happen....
Forum: London Transport December 7th 08, 06:38 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Frank Incense
Liverpool street bay platform

I don't use the Met very often these days. Tell me - do you still get
the spectacular fireworks display when an eastbound A stock has its
fourth-rail shoe almost-but-not-quite touching the...
Forum: London Transport October 13th 08, 07:59 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Frank Incense
thameslinkprogramme.co.uk

I'd sign up for updates but I can't find the privacy policy on the site
and
I'm supposed to agree I've read it before I sign...
Forum: London Transport July 28th 08, 02:15 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Incense
Tube Booze Ban - is it working?

I don't understand your comment about the smoking ban - I've seen it
flouted less than 10 times since it was introduced and on several
occasions I asked, having identified myself as staff, the...
Forum: London Transport July 27th 08, 11:08 AM
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Incense
Tube Booze Ban - is it working?

Not even two months in and from my eyes it seems that people ARE actually
sticking to it. Or am I wrong? Probably only seen 1 empty can on the tube
since it started.
This is in complete contrast...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 08, 08:48 AM
Replies: 43
Posted By Frank Incense
Amersham

"Adrian" wrote in message
"Frank Incense" gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

Just...
Forum: London Transport July 20th 08, 08:32 PM
Replies: 43
Posted By Frank Incense
Amersham

Just been reading on Wikipedia that Amersham might be going down to having
just two trains an hour? Is...
Forum: London Transport May 14th 08, 09:19 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Frank Incense
Tube Walking Project - Completed!

Now that the project is over

I can't help thinking that it's not complete without the fanshafts and
emergency exits.

I cant help thinking - WHY?
Forum: London Transport April 21st 08, 11:35 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Frank Incense
Drivers protesting about a film

But Crook, best known for playing the character of Gareth in The Office,
denied the new comedy about deaths on the London Underground was
insensitive.

"When I read the premise I thought...
Forum: London Transport April 7th 08, 08:30 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By Frank Incense
Neasden Depot facts and figures?

Neasden Depot is said to be the biggest on the LU network. Does anybody
know how many miles of...
Forum: London Transport February 20th 08, 07:22 AM
Replies: 70
Posted By Frank Incense
Councils block in illegit driveways

Are you an awkward sod who thinks he's got a god-given right to park
immediately outside his front door?

What's even worse than that is people who are "visiting" another house and
don't want to...
Forum: London Transport February 11th 08, 11:18 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Frank Incense
Totteridge & Whetstone Platform Building

Forum: London Transport February 10th 08, 03:55 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Frank Incense
Fast Uxbridge Mets

The 1145 Saturday Liverpool Street to Amersham was a favourite -
Finchley Road dep. 1206, next stop Moor Park arr. 1226

Similar thing shown here - except its a FAST...
Forum: London Transport February 8th 08, 02:53 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Frank Incense
Fast Uxbridge Mets

This...
Forum: London Transport February 5th 08, 06:40 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Frank Incense
Euston - Northern Line (City Branch)

I think there was a new timetable brought in and thats prob changed the
routing of some trains at various times.
Forum: London Transport December 31st 07, 08:28 AM
Replies: 8
Posted By Frank Incense
New Years Eve travel

Do London Underground trains run right through the night or stop at
4:30am? The way the they were...
Forum: London Transport December 25th 07, 05:57 PM
Replies: 45
Posted By Frank Incense
Met to Aldgate

Well, the other evening (Poss Fri) at 5pm I was waiting at Aldgate and an
announcement was made saying that the next Westbound service was 21 minutes
away. However that was followed by the next...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 07, 10:52 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Frank Incense
Heathrow pods

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7148731.stm