Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andrew Clark
Forum: London Transport February 26th 07, 04:29 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Graeme Wall" wrote

And
quite what would be left of the rest of the country in the event of an
attack
in the scale they were expecting?

Especially as the USSR...
Forum: London Transport February 25th 07, 10:42 AM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Roland Perry" wrote

People keep trying to deflect the scenario to one of total destruction.
That's not the situation I had in mind. Nor did I expect a transition from
Forum: London Transport February 24th 07, 04:20 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Roland Perry" wrote

Can you explain why the many references to battery locos have escaped your
attention?

Not all the rolling stock is battery operated, is it? I was...
Forum: London Transport February 24th 07, 01:38 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Roland Perry" wrote

In the depot. The first thing you'd have done is cleared the running
tracks.

Without traction power? And who would clear the rolling stock, precisely?...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 06:50 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"charles" wrote

but batteries are simply a storage medium for electrity

Doh!
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 06:14 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Roland Perry" wrote

It only needs to be functioning enough to handle one battery loco and a
carriage. No signals required.

I always thought the Tube was electrically...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 10:49 AM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Roland Perry" wrote

Indeed. It will have been closed for normal traffic for some time. Which
is why it's easily available for various (not just Royal Family) special
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 10:01 AM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Roland Perry" wrote

It would probably be more secret.

No-one knows where most of the Royals are anyway. Smuggling them out by help
or car seems less conspicuous than...
Forum: London Transport February 23rd 07, 09:59 AM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Clive Coleman." wrote

But in what scenario might this option be any better than a road or air
evacuation, or staying out? I can't imagine one.

Gas or other...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 06:48 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"asdf" wrote

In what conceivable circumstances would members of the Royal Family be
evacuated from Buckingham Place by *tube train*? Of all the modes of
emergency...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 06:44 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Roland Perry" wrote

It makes some sense to make a dash to the west by Piccadilly line, perhaps
transferring to a main line train on the outskirts.

But in what scenario...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 12:30 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Graeme Wall" wrote

The Mall and Hyde Park, according to Duncan Campbell in War Plan UK.

Mr Campbell (whose work I have always held in affectionate disregard) may...
Forum: London Transport February 22nd 07, 12:22 PM
Replies: 349
Posted By Andrew Clark
Secret Tube Trains under London?

"Brian Watson" wrote

Or perhaps it is a "just in case" escape facility?

In what conceivable circumstances would members of the Royal Family be
evacuated from Buckingham...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Forum Jump