Showing results 1 to 25 of 75
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Abigail Brady
Forum: London Transport June 19th 12, 10:01 AM
Replies: 49
Posted By Abigail Brady
Bus Drivers And The Olympics

On Jun 17, 2:23*pm, Steve Fitzgerald ] wrote:
In message , Roland Perry
writes
Something else the telegraph got wrong...

Forum: London Transport April 3rd 12, 04:14 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Abigail Brady
touching in on the Overground

However you need to place yourself in the shoes of the ticket
inspectors that Abigail encountered. They cannot know what journey...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 12, 10:26 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Abigail Brady
touching in on the Overground

Also section 3.13 specifically mentions a penalty fare for not touching in with PAYG, but 3.6 has no such language.
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 12, 04:19 PM
Replies: 4
Posted By Abigail Brady
touching in on the Overground

I have an OysterCard loaded with a zones 1-3 travelcard, and commute
each morning from my ungated zone 3 station on the GOBLIN to a gated
London Underground station in zone 1.

I'm not in the habit...
Forum: London Transport May 11th 11, 06:54 AM
Replies: 65
Posted By Abigail Brady
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

It is still in current use, e.g. in S.I.2009/776 [HIGHWAYS, ENGLAND
The Watford and South of St Albans—Redbourn—Kidney Wood,...
Forum: London Transport May 10th 11, 10:18 PM
Replies: 65
Posted By Abigail Brady
Croxley Rail Link "Exhibition" dates

On May 10, 10:30*pm, 1506 wrote:
Precisely, likewise Jefferson County, Kentucky; Los Angeles County,
California, and Bruce County, Ontario!

Though of course "County of Los...
Forum: London Transport May 23rd 10, 11:12 AM
Replies: 82
Posted By Abigail Brady
Extended East London Line opens fully today

As of my visit to West Croydon at 12.12 the info is still claiming
that trains will be departing from platform 1, correcting itself
later...
Forum: London Transport May 5th 10, 12:20 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Abigail Brady
Waterloo Eurostar platforms and "The Railway Children"

On May 5, 8:19*am, " wrote:
But the point that everyone seems to be missing is WHY are the
platforms at Waterloo not being brought into use NOW?

That would cost...
Forum: London Transport April 28th 10, 07:51 AM
Replies: 73
Posted By Abigail Brady
ELL video

There are two separate fleets, one (DC only) for the ELL, and another (dual
voltage) for the NLL/WLL/Euston-Watford DC. It...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 10, 11:48 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Abigail Brady
Ealing Broadway to Wandsworth Road

On Feb 10, 12:05*pm, Mizter T wrote:
There has been a daily (weekday) 'parly' rail service that runs each
way between Wandsworth Road and Kensington Olympia since May 2009.
Forum: London Transport December 16th 09, 07:42 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Abigail Brady
How often to they update the tube map?

Being reminded over the removal of the river in Sept, how often do they
update the Tube map, and is there a criteria for changing it? I...
Forum: London Transport November 30th 09, 04:17 PM
Replies: 13
Posted By Abigail Brady
Stratford International now open

On Nov 30, 2:08 pm, Mr Thant
To Southeastern High Speed services and shuttle buses from Stratford
platform 11 (the northernmost), which is the...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 09, 03:01 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Abigail Brady
Announcement re. Oyster on London overland rail

Elsie 85 from Clapton is highly unlikely to be PF'd as she would...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 09, 12:56 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Abigail Brady
Maryland with an Oyster travelcard?

On Nov 23, 1:27 pm, Tristan Miller
And if I meet a ticket inspector on the train to Liverpool Street, they're
just going to take my word that I boarded at...
Forum: London Transport November 23rd 09, 12:12 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Abigail Brady
Announcement re. Oyster on London overland rail

On Nov 23, 10:40 am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
The Standard's story seems to be more thorough though:

Forum: London Transport November 23rd 09, 11:59 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Abigail Brady
Maryland with an Oyster travelcard?

On Nov 23, 12:33 pm, Tristan Miller
Is it permitted to travel between Liverpool Street and Maryland with a Zone
1–3 Oyster travelcard? There's no Oyster...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 09, 08:18 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Abigail Brady
North London Line closures

On Nov 9, 1:09 am, "
wrote:
I see.

What happens with drivers when a line is shut down for a day or two,
such as the Victoria Line?

They go to...
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 09, 10:50 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Abigail Brady
KXSP Northern Ticket Hall diagram

On Nov 3, 6:40 pm, Mr Thant
wrote:
I think this is new. It's better than any previous ones:

Forum: London Transport October 19th 09, 06:33 PM
Replies: 8
Posted By Abigail Brady
Touching in on DLR replacement buses

So the same as my experience using replacement services for the
UndergrounD such as Northwood to Ricky where I've never had to...
Forum: London Transport September 19th 09, 10:48 AM
Replies: 144
Posted By Abigail Brady
Overground

No it isn't. All London Overground services are also part of National
Rail so every station that those trains serve will have the...
Forum: London Transport July 31st 09, 09:41 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By Abigail Brady
Class 378 in service

On Jul 31, 10:02 pm, "
wrote:
What happened to the side track at Highbury & Islington?

Highbury & Islington Overground is going to have a rebuild. ...
Forum: London Transport July 30th 09, 06:10 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Abigail Brady
1915 plan to rename German road names in London

On Jul 30, 5:26 pm, "Basil Jet"
I found this interesting... yeah it's old news, but I don't recall anyone
posting any messages here at the...
Forum: London Transport July 21st 09, 10:09 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Abigail Brady
Dalston Eastern Curve reopens

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Mr Thant wrote:
(it's free, and it's the only way you're going to get to traverse the
thing in this lifetime)

Much as I hope you are right, I have a strong suspicion that...
Forum: London Transport July 20th 09, 05:05 PM
Replies: 310
Posted By Abigail Brady
HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

It was never properly included. *Postcodes were trialled in Watford and
we were told from the outset not to put the county...
Forum: London Transport July 16th 09, 10:09 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Abigail Brady
7 coats of arms on Hammersmith Bridge

On Jul 16, 10:58*am, "neverwas" wrote:
I can understand why they used Colchester's as the arms of Essex
duplicated Middlesex's. *But I haven't been able to find a reason...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 75

Forum Jump