Showing results 1 to 25 of 121
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris[_2_]
Forum: London Transport October 10th 17, 02:28 PM
Replies: 51
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Oxford to London commute

The underground station car parks arn't free and you'll get stuck in jams on
the M40 anyway. Whatever you do either you or your wife are in for a very
expensive and/or long commute. Perhaps...
Forum: London Transport August 29th 16, 11:22 AM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Why are Chiltern's London services crap?

On Sunday, 28 August 2016 19:05:57 UTC+1, e27002 wrote:
Guy,

It is intended to be a four track mainline. The fasts to Birmingham
would use the fast pair. The stopping service to...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 15, 04:43 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Chiltern to Paddington

On Thursday, 6 August 2015 13:55:28 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:
Yes, I suppose so, though at least HS2 will now be in tunnel in the
Park Royal area, rather than taking over that old GWR Oxford line
Forum: London Transport June 15th 11, 03:36 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Elderly lady has suspected stroke and is locked in a store roomby Station Manager

If that were a stroke, the paramedic would have had an ambulance
called & the woman evacuated very quickly.

CJB - did you see this lady evacuated?
Forum: London Transport April 20th 11, 08:59 AM
Replies: 29
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Mail Rail exploration

On 19 Apr, 23:47, "John Salmon" wrote:
"Basil Jet" *wrote

I personally travelled (with an organised group) from Mount Pleasant to
Forum: London Transport April 11th 11, 09:21 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Airtrack shelved

On 11 Apr, 20:50, Mizter T wrote:
[original thread on uk.r - x-posted to utl]

Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 05:50 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

On 5 Apr, 17:10, "Pat O'Neill" wrote:

... On 5...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 02:35 PM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

On 5 Apr, 14:32, Chris wrote:

The problem is the railways are not following a "keep calm, carry on"
approach,...
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 02:32 PM
Replies: 110

On 5 Apr, 10:51, bob wrote:
The problem is the railways are not following a "keep calm, carry on"
approach, they are following a "pack up and go home" approach, leaving
Forum: London Transport April 5th 11, 09:26 AM
Replies: 110
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Massive Disruption at Paddington - Very Badly Handled Yet Again

Body parts could be spread across all six tracks if a person is hit at
125mph.....it could also be a crime scene and the line would have been
closed by the BTP until they are satisfied with their...
Forum: London Transport October 11th 10, 10:35 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris[_2_]
is there wherever cheap?

On 10 Oct, 10:44, "max" wrote:
Are there cheap transports & lodge in london?

Depends on your definition of 'cheap', I suppose.
If you're from rural India or China, the...
Forum: London Transport September 27th 10, 09:46 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris[_2_]
TV alert Aldwich station feature on BBC News on thursday

Anyone get a ticket & go to this?

Report please!
Forum: London Transport July 9th 10, 11:02 AM
Replies: 62
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Paddington barriers again

On 8 July, 13:58, Neil Williams wrote:
I'm saying the whole overbridge should be within a common barriered
area containing both LUL and the mainline. *

Not possible - that...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 10, 05:26 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Chris[_2_]
New years day service - or lack thereof

On 3 Jan, 00:24, wrote:
In article
,

[fare...
Forum: London Transport January 3rd 10, 05:03 PM
Replies: 113
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Oyster Extension Permits (OEPs)

On 3 Jan, 15:52, trainmanUK wrote:
The whole reason for these OEP is that many NR stations do
not have barriers so if you get to your destination and see no one
there...
Forum: London Transport January 2nd 10, 10:35 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Chris[_2_]
New years day service - or lack thereof

Do they? *I've learnt something then as I hadn't appreciated it was now
on a fixed date. It used to be the first Sunday in January...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 10, 10:00 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Chris[_2_]
New years day service - or lack thereof

On 1 Jan, 18:58, "tim...." wrote:
In past years, free travel has been sponsored.

Did they not have a sponsor for yesterday?

Read the thread - references to ING were...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 10, 09:59 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Chris[_2_]
New years day service - or lack thereof

On 1 Jan, 14:41, Paul Corfield wrote:
Agreed - I think if we have free travel next year *and* the fares
revision on 1/1/11 (quite likely I would have thought)

Very...
Forum: London Transport January 1st 10, 02:56 PM
Replies: 16
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Unable to pick up Oyster from NR in Jan 10

On 1 Jan, 03:32, JS wrote:
On 29 Dec 2009, 10:21, elyob wrote:

Forum: London Transport January 1st 10, 02:01 PM
Replies: 70
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Pre Pay Oyster or annual travelcard?

Funny how you never saw a statement in past years like "Demand has increased
along with the corresponding revenues, so we need to...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 09, 02:28 PM
Replies: 70
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Pre Pay Oyster or annual travelcard?

Just been nosing around London TravelWatch's webpage for Oyster on the
rails & the last para here -
http://www.londontravelwatch.org.uk/news.php?id=696, says

"Oyster Extension Permits

If your...
Forum: London Transport December 13th 09, 04:24 PM
Replies: 44
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Travel beyond your Travelcard's validity

After 2/1/10 when PAYG is extended then the same basic principle
applies. However if travelling on NR lines [1] to outside of your...
Forum: London Transport December 12th 09, 10:33 PM
Replies: 123
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Extending point-to-point seasons next year

On 12 Dec, 15:09, MIG wrote:
I suspect that validators in trains now would be hugely expensive,

Too right - they would have to be permantently in touch with...
Forum: London Transport December 10th 09, 04:15 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Chris[_2_]
New Years Eve Station Closure

On 10 Dec, 15:59, Paul wrote:

In message , Tristan
Miller...
Forum: London Transport December 10th 09, 03:41 PM
Replies: 38
Posted By Chris[_2_]
Single fare from 2nd Jan

On 10 Dec, 13:38, Paul Oter wrote: