Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Forum: London Transport May 14th 09, 12:00 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By [email protected]
Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

What exactly needs to be safeguarded anyway?

I assume that if a four track main line is good enough for Crossrail
between Paddington and Maidenhead, then the continuation of the same
four track main...
Forum: London Transport May 12th 09, 02:34 PM
Replies: 148
Posted By [email protected]
Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

Most trainspotters seem to prefer diesels over electrics.

So those who argue against electrification most forecefully must be
the greatest of trainspotters?
Forum: London Transport May 12th 09, 11:27 AM
Replies: 148
Posted By [email protected]
Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

On 12 Mai, 12:37, Tony Polson wrote:

Why would they be "no brainer candidates"?

relatively short diesel-worked lines in an otherwise totally
electrified area?

even...
Forum: London Transport May 12th 09, 09:13 AM
Replies: 148
Posted By [email protected]
Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

I don't know about the Italian system but the American one had single
speed locomotives because the AC motors were...
Forum: London Transport May 12th 09, 09:10 AM
Replies: 148
Posted By [email protected]
Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

On 9 Mai, 20:36, GazK wrote:

... running rail(s) for the third phase. I'm not making this up, it has
been done before, in Italy and elsewhe

is still done on many...
Forum: London Transport May 12th 09, 09:03 AM
Replies: 148
Posted By [email protected]
Sense seen on Crossrail at last?

and then they can remove that anomaly. Talking of branches there would
still be the outstanding issue of Henley trains which...
Forum: London Transport June 10th 08, 08:58 AM
Replies: 337
Posted By [email protected]
How much was a ticket for the underground in the 60s?

On 10 Jun., 10:11, Giovanni Drogo

We had a similar case with the introduction of the euro. Before that the
ticket costed 1500 lire. There were law...
Forum: London Transport April 2nd 08, 02:31 PM
Replies: 94
Posted By [email protected]
Crossing London tube tracks

It is highly unlikely that 750V can deliver instant death. I guess
you'd need at least 50kV for that under normal conditions.

There are, however, people who have survived much higher voltages,...
Forum: London Transport February 13th 08, 01:12 PM
Replies: 64
Posted By [email protected]
31 Minutes to walk from Kings Cross to St. Pancreas - Is thistrue!?

On 11 Feb., 13:31, Mike Roebuck wrote:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:20:10 +0000, Ian Jelf

In message
Forum: London Transport December 18th 07, 10:29 AM
Replies: 51
Posted By [email protected]
The Ermine strikes back - The Crossrail Saga

How much difference does it make? And why? This is something that's always
puzzled me, actually - why are electric trains so much preferred to
diesels? Do they accelerate faster?

yes
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Forum Jump