Showing results 1 to 25 of 67
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JohnB
Forum: London Transport June 19th 05, 06:39 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By JohnB
Train-home ban for big bike ride

Tim Roll-Pickering wrote:

For all the central effort to make
the railways accessible and DDA compliant, a lot of staff on the ground are
not aiding that...

All too often there are no staff...
Forum: London Transport June 19th 05, 06:34 PM
Replies: 39
Posted By JohnB
Train-home ban for big bike ride

Steven wrote:

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 17:05:54 GMT, (Neil Williams)

The seating is not "reserved for wheelchair passengers and their
companions". ...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 05, 02:59 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By JohnB
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:

JohnB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Yes, and I've already called him on the mis-assumption that he made
to get there

Forum: London Transport June 18th 05, 02:35 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By JohnB
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:

Clive George ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Adrian - I think he has already withdrawn the calculation that got it
to...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 05, 02:28 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By JohnB
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Clive George wrote:

Here's another _huge_ hint : Who's the fastest person to have pedalled from
Lands End to John O'Groats?

Oh Clive, that's a bit of a cheater ;-)

Better watch it though, or...
Forum: London Transport June 18th 05, 09:51 AM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:

JohnB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Are you going to withdraw that allegation?

No, I don't think I will, thanks.

A man who...
Forum: London Transport June 16th 05, 12:45 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By JohnB
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

The Caretaker wrote:

JohnB wrote:

One had the front quick release done up finger tight - it was clear no
spanner had been used.

Why would a spanner be used on a quick...
Forum: London Transport June 16th 05, 12:39 PM
Replies: 127

The Caretaker wrote:

JohnB wrote:

One had the front quick release done up finger tight - it was clear no
spanner had been used.

Why would a spanner be used on a quick release?
Forum: London Transport June 16th 05, 11:46 AM
Replies: 127
Posted By JohnB
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Martin wrote:

I would never recommend anyone spend "just" 100 quid on a new bike.

Double that to get acceptable. Double *that* to get tolerable. Double
*that* to get reasonable.
Forum: London Transport June 16th 05, 09:39 AM
Replies: 127
Posted By JohnB
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:

But you're failing to explain to me what spending all that cash on a
bike *does* other than make you feel warm and fluffy and all Lance
Armstrong.

Comfort and...

Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 05:18 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:

Clive George ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Nah, you still haven't worked it out. He didn't spend 5.5 grand on a
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 04:52 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:

JohnB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

Which of course should tell our Adrian chap he should read wot I wrote a
little more...
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 04:42 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By JohnB
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Clive George wrote:

"JohnB" wrote in message
Adrian wrote:

Eh? You spent FIVE AND A HALF GRAND ON A BICYCLE?

Nope.
Forum: London Transport June 15th 05, 04:33 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:

JohnB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

But then the last cycle I bought contributed around five times
more in tax...

Forum: London Transport June 14th 05, 09:47 PM
Replies: 127

Adrian wrote:

JohnB ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

I've never paid VAT on the purchase of a bike. I have several bikes.

But that's...
Forum: London Transport June 14th 05, 09:34 PM
Replies: 127
Posted By JohnB
London to Brighton bike ride next week (blatant plug for me!)

Adrian wrote:

Mike Bristow ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying :

They pay VAT on the purchase of their bike

I've never paid VAT on the purchase of...
Forum: London Transport March 14th 05, 05:04 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By JohnB
Pay & Display Machines

tim wrote:

The coin return button in the hope of getting some small change
returned? (No chance!)

A friend's kid used to do this at every machine he saw.
He apparently amassed a...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 05, 07:10 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By JohnB
Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

wrote:

But worse are those idiots who insist on putting their suitcases (or
often themselves)...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 05, 04:33 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By JohnB
Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

wrote:

JohnB wrote:
FWIW neither is luggage, coats, or pushchairs

Indeed, the people who get on a train with fifteen suitcases and stack
them by the doors are just...
Forum: London Transport January 13th 05, 03:16 PM
Replies: 61
Posted By JohnB
Yearly Season Ticket For Part Time Workers?

wrote:

Mrs Redboots wrote:
Trains are designed to carry people, not arrogant, self-centered
cyclists.
Who are not people?

Bicycles are not people.

You...
Forum: London Transport November 17th 04, 03:44 PM
Replies: 71
Posted By JohnB
Suing for frivolous parking ticket

Steve Walker wrote:

In message , JohnB writes

Forum: London Transport November 17th 04, 02:57 PM
Replies: 71
Posted By JohnB
Suing for frivolous parking ticket

Ham Spunter wrote:

Anyway I would happily lose money and time just to give Barnet Council a
Forum: London Transport November 17th 04, 10:02 AM
Replies: 71
Posted By JohnB
Suing for frivolous parking ticket

Carlos wrote:

"Cynic" wrote in message

You can *try* anything you like. But you would be wasting your time.
It will lead only to frustration and possibly a loss...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 67

Forum Jump