Showing results 1 to 25 of 155
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony Polson[_2_]
Forum: London Transport July 10th 09, 02:28 PM
Replies: 310
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

Mizter T wrote:

That said, I am in favour (I think!) of the massively expensive
Crossrail project... for a long time I didn't really have any properly
considered thoughts on...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 11:57 PM
Replies: 310
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
HS1 Domestic trains are a bit busy

Mizter T wrote:

I was suggesting that I don't
think people are really going to be willing to subsidise the
construction of very expensive new high-speed lines which...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 11:45 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Watford Junction - Shops could be bulldozed for new road

"Peter Masson" wrote:
Shame...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 11:43 PM
Replies: 35

Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 09:27 PM
Replies: 35

"Recliner" wrote:

Shame they're...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 01:24 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Watford Junction - Shops could be bulldozed for new road

Adrian wrote:

Tony Polson gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

However, the proposal could see seven separate landowners...
Forum: London Transport July 9th 09, 12:19 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Watford Junction - Shops could be bulldozed for new road

burkey wrote:
From eWatford Observer - 8:40am Thursday 9th July 2009

Shops could be bulldozed for new road

By John Harrison »

Shops in St Albans Road could be...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 09, 07:49 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Class 378s into service this week?

D7666 wrote:

On Jul 8, 8:24*pm, D7666 wrote:

I ask because, like Nick, I...
Forum: London Transport July 8th 09, 06:59 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Class 378s into service this week?

Andy wrote:
On Jul 7, 10:39*pm, Tony Polson wrote:

If there is a hierarchy of LO routes, then the NLL...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 09, 09:39 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Class 378s into service this week?

Mizter T wrote:

If there is a hierarchy of LO routes, then the NLL would I think be a
"more important route" than Watford to Euston.

Why do you think that?

I ask...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 09, 08:15 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
'Twitter' live travel information

Mizter T wrote:

'Twitter' is , as you will likely have heard, "all the rage" -
personally I'm just a little sceptical of the whole 'broadcast your
thoughts' thing it brings...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 09, 11:55 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
OT - Cantilevered Barons Court Library

Mr Thant wrote:
On 7 July, 02:31, "Basil Jet"
This building has a tiny octagonal ground floor with no...
Forum: London Transport July 7th 09, 09:50 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
OT - Cantilevered Barons Court Library

" wrote:
On Jul 7, 2:31?am, "Basil Jet"
Forum: London Transport July 6th 09, 12:15 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Do platform tickets still exist for (i) tube and (ii) overground please?

I used to enjoy whiling away an hour or two at Reading station, having...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 09, 07:23 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Do platform tickets still exist for (i) tube and (ii) overground please?

wrote:

In article ,

"Lawrie" ...
Forum: London Transport July 5th 09, 12:29 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Do platform tickets still exist for (i) tube and (ii) overground please?

I have often had to help an elderley relative on and off the train at
Reading and I ask at the barrier and am given a laminated permit to go on...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 09, 05:33 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The beginnings of Thameslink (was: ECML demise)

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sat, 4 Jul 2009, Tony Polson wrote:

The days of conviction politicians have gone, I think.

Oh i don't know - i think we might yet get a few...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 09, 05:31 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The beginnings of Thameslink (was: ECML demise)

"Peter Masson" wrote:

"Tony Polson" wrote

No, it won't ever match the demand for Thameslink, but as Peter Masson
rightly pointed...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 09, 03:42 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The beginnings of Thameslink (was: ECML demise)

"Basil Jet" wrote:

Absolutely. I think it is a shame that better use is not made of the
West London line as a third major...
Forum: London Transport July 4th 09, 01:46 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The beginnings of Thameslink (was: ECML demise)

Mizter T wrote:
Tony Polson wrote:
Are you sure you're not confusing Thameslink with the North London
Forum: London Transport July 4th 09, 01:25 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
a personal crusade against indifference and outright

apologies for the unintended change of subject line.
Forum: London Transport July 4th 09, 12:12 PM
Replies: 50

Forum: London Transport July 3rd 09, 08:07 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The beginnings of Thameslink (was: ECML demise)

I believe that the original plan for the re-opening of the Snow Hill
(London) tunnel was for Southern Region trains to be extended to a...
Forum: London Transport July 3rd 09, 05:58 PM
Replies: 50
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
The beginnings of Thameslink (was: ECML demise)

Mizter T wrote:
I think you will find that the impetus for Thameslink came mainly from
the Greater London Council and its then-leader, Ken...
Forum: London Transport July 2nd 09, 09:55 AM
Replies: 35
Posted By Tony Polson[_2_]
Watford to Heathrow

Frederick Williams wrote:
Tony Polson wrote:
I think the bus also calls at all the terminals, and minimises
the amount of walking involved.

No it doesn't but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 155

Forum Jump