Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: TBirdFrank
Forum: London Transport April 24th 08, 06:46 PM
Replies: 87
Posted By TBirdFrank
Oh No Kenny O

I don't claim any expertise on this specific operation - but is not
this a case of TfL being in the effective shoes of a Franchisee, and
Network Rail still being the freeholders? - a situation which...
Forum: London Transport March 20th 07, 11:38 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By TBirdFrank
TRANSPORT COLLECTORS' MARKET - SATURDAY 24 MARCH 2007

And if London is too far, or you are short of something to do on
Sunday after IRRS, the Manchester Transport Museum Society is holding
its annual Spring Fair at the Boyle St Museum,. Cheetham...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 06, 04:05 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By TBirdFrank
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

In the Leeds incident there was no court time, no costs, no conviction,
no record - and of course there no issue as to the problem that these
low lives were causing to other passengers at the time....
Forum: London Transport October 10th 06, 11:46 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By TBirdFrank
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

I don't think trouble makers are all that much of a recent development,
and they aren't all late nighters either. Its detecting and dealing
with them that has dropped below the horizon

On the York...
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 11:12 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By TBirdFrank
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

I wouldn't expect any problems on Local Trains, they are for Local People.

Ah - but Ken - as she gets off before Royston Vasey, she never has to
leave!
Forum: London Transport October 8th 06, 11:11 AM
Replies: 59
Posted By TBirdFrank
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

I'm surprised that your daughter makes such a journey. I've always
thought that living away from home was an important part of higher
education. It's what makes it more than just 'more...
Forum: London Transport October 7th 06, 11:27 PM
Replies: 59
Posted By TBirdFrank
Thank you First, for nearly getting me killed last night.

It provides, sadly, the best reason for having your own private
transport if you are out late at night, or arranging to travel in a
group.

As a bloke I never worried about travelling, late or...
Forum: London Transport July 12th 06, 10:31 AM
Replies: 17
Posted By TBirdFrank
Victorian values

Metronet

A partnership of five leading international companies including - inter
alia

Atkins

Balfour (Hatfield) Beatty

That's enough for me to avoid the Victoria Line for a long time into
Forum: London Transport January 17th 06, 11:29 PM
Replies: 125
Posted By TBirdFrank
More HEX Shenanigans - ripoff Britain?

Its called good old fashioned courtesy... offer a helping hand and
assist the traveller by not taking more of his hard earned than you
have to - in the hope that when you are in the same situation...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 05, 02:08 PM
Replies: 185
Posted By TBirdFrank
Plan for dealing with obnoxious phone calls on trains?

Back to the subject ...........

"Im on a train" comes the reply to the loud and tedious ring tone.

"So are we" shout the other 70+ occupants of the same air space!

As for screaming kids - my...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 03, 11:58 AM
Replies: 2
Posted By TBirdFrank
Ways to Reduce Vandalism

Visibility is the only long term answer,and it is a deterrent in
itself, but apprehension of the violators is necessary so that the use
of the means of visibiility is seen to be exercised.

Mind you,...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Forum Jump