Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John
Forum: London Transport March 31st 05, 08:11 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Using Nationarail.co.uk train times

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:31:31 +0100, "Martin J"
wrote:
Hi,

Can someone explain what I am doing wrong with the above site?
I wanted trains to Gatwick from Streatham Hill...
Forum: London Transport October 14th 04, 07:59 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By John
Waterloo / Bakerloo southbound

I've been alighting at this platform intermittently for the last 10
years. It always smells like someone's thrown up. Someone
can't have thrown up every time I use this station, right?

Why the...
Forum: London Transport October 4th 03, 07:58 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Network rail & Clapham Junction

On questioning the nice people over at National Rail, I was
told that 'going via Clapham Junction is an invalid route.' -
direct quote.

Eh? Surely it's the *obvious* route! It was also...
Forum: London Transport October 2nd 03, 07:28 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Network rail & Clapham Junction

It's a saturday, I find myself needing to get to Selhurst from
Norbiton (don't ask!). Off I go to nationalrail.co.uk and type
in my to & from, and get sent on a tortuous route involving
Thameslink...
Forum: London Transport September 15th 03, 07:51 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By John
Minimum speed limit sign after the dartford tunnel?

on a blue background - is this a minimum speed limit sign? I didnt
think the UK had them.

Yep. In the Highway Code and I've seen them elsewhere too.

Please please pretty please can we have...
Forum: London Transport September 14th 03, 08:52 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By John
Waterloo And City

Why do Waterloo City trains look like old Network South East trains?

Eh? They look like Central Line trains to me.
Old Network South East trains are big, blue and have slam doors!
Forum: London Transport August 12th 03, 10:01 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Highbury and Islington Heat

John writes
As an aside, anyone else *not* looking forward to the 10 mins it'll
take to get out at Bank when they turn the ticket barriers on?

What makes you think it...
Forum: London Transport August 11th 03, 06:41 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By John
Highbury and Islington Heat

Isn't the Drain (Waterloo and City) quite cool?

No, it's like an oven all year round. I wonder if they'll ever get round to
running longer trains on the W&C, 4 carriages is inhumane in the...
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Forum Jump