Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Christopher Jolly[_2_]
Forum: London Transport January 27th 19, 02:15 PM
Replies: 29
GOBLIN electric tomorrow 28/01

Overground 378232 will debut on the 0648 Barking - Gospel Oak tomorrow.

Photos:
https://mobile.twitter.com/cmpd_date/status/1089514271866798080

C.
Forum: London Transport May 11th 16, 11:08 PM
Replies: 2
Lea Bridge extension of W14 bus

With the (re-)opening of Lea Bridge station, should the W14 bus be extended from Leyton ASDA along Orient Way to Lea Bridge?

Instead of terminating at the stop at ASDA, go back around the Roundabout...
Forum: London Transport May 5th 16, 03:52 PM
Replies: 1
Bus Oyster Readers

Why are Oyster readers on TfL buses so unreliable and showing a red light?

Last night I went to do my shopping in the 24hr ASDA at Leyton Mills, my W15 reader was disabled on the outbound and my 158...
Forum: London Transport April 24th 16, 01:10 AM
Replies: 18
Overheating 95s

Saw a 700 on the GN for the first time this evening, north of Finsbury Park.

First visit to the new Hornsey depot?

I presume it must have came from Three Bridges via the WLL/NLL then Camden Road...
Forum: London Transport April 23rd 16, 06:16 PM
Replies: 18
Overheating 95s

Some of the fleet maybe. Most are going to Great Western when the 700s are
in service.

They'll also be ETCS Level 2 on the Great Western*, meaning all GN\GWR fleets will have it installed.

*...
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 16, 05:14 PM
Replies: 18
Overheating 95s

Who owns the 365s? They're GTO-controlled too.

The 365s are owned by Eversholt Rail.

https://www.eversholtrail.co.uk/upload/class-365.pdf

After a quick Google search I can't see any reference to...
Forum: London Transport April 22nd 16, 12:06 AM
Replies: 18
Overheating 95s

apart from a few class 465s

Without going off-topic, I notice only the Eversholt-owned 465/0 and 465/1 have had their original GTO drives replaced by new Hitachi IGBT drives.

The Angel-owned...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 16, 11:53 PM
Replies: 18
Overheating 95s

Seems I made a mistake.

Both 95TS and 96TS use AC motors - the traction drive system is correct, however.

"1995 and 1996 stocks have similar body shells but they use different AC traction control...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 16, 06:12 PM
Replies: 36
Lea Bridge station opening 15th May 2016

On Thursday, 21 April 2016 13:23:07 UTC+1, Tim B wrote:
Lea Bridge apparently opening on Sunday 15th May 2016. When's the first train?

I've noticed there doesn't seem to be any sign of ticket...
Forum: London Transport April 21st 16, 06:02 PM
Replies: 18
Overheating 95s

Anyone know why the 95s are prone to do this? Perhaps the cooling system isn't
quite up to the job?

--
Spud

Maybe the smell is the heat from the resistor grids being dissipated when...
Forum: London Transport April 14th 16, 09:43 PM
Replies: 8
London Buses re-brand?

What else should I be doing to fulfil this role, guv?

A cockney accent and referring to everybody as 'John'.

"'ere, John, gissa drink..."

---
Schnuzelbug
Forum: London Transport April 13th 16, 11:08 PM
Replies: 8
London Buses re-brand?

I've noticed that London Buses share a common livery but have various different interior schemes dependent on operator, some buses in my area are looking increasingly tired on the inside due to heavy...
Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Forum Jump