Showing results 1 to 25 of 37
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arthur Conan Doyle
Forum: London Transport May 11th 19, 01:03 PM
Replies: 31
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
London pollution monitoring

JNugent wrote:

To what are you referring when you use the phrase "diesel disaster"?

The obvious disaster is the losses incurred by those who followed
government...
Forum: London Transport December 18th 18, 01:59 PM
Replies: 113
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Sadiq's looming poll tax moment

Graeme Wall wrote:

Apple/Android Pay don't have that limit.

I wasn't allowed to use Android (now Google) Pay at Tesco for a transaction over
30. Terminal declined it.
Forum: London Transport December 15th 18, 03:48 PM
Replies: 113
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
cashless tolling, Sadiq's looming poll tax moment

Sigh. And of course after I posted I realized this was a UK group. Never mind.
:(
Forum: London Transport December 15th 18, 03:46 PM
Replies: 113
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
cashless tolling, Sadiq's looming poll tax moment

Robin wrote:

precisely wrong: if you heed the warnings and register in advance or
within 3 days and pay the tolls there's no surcharge etc whatsoever.

Well, sort of. I realize...
Forum: London Transport December 15th 18, 12:56 PM
Replies: 113
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
cashless tolling, Sadiq's looming poll tax moment

"tim..." wrote:

and how do users of rental cars pay these tolls?

Toll company bills rental car company, rental car company charges card used for
rental. At least in my...
Forum: London Transport June 20th 18, 11:18 PM
Replies: 2
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Elizabeth Line trains stored at OOC

Recliner wrote:

. There's room for many more trains there

That's an understatement. :)
Forum: London Transport May 30th 18, 11:09 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
New tube map has mistake

Roland Perry wrote:

You'd probably have to look for Heathrow Airport strategic travel plans.

This article is quite dated, and I'm not sure the detail about fares is...
Forum: London Transport May 29th 18, 08:11 PM
Replies: 27
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
New tube map has mistake

John Levine wrote:

It is not my impression that many tourists ever took the Connect.

I think that's intentional. HEX signage in the T2/T3 walkway is overwhelming,
along with the...
Forum: London Transport May 2nd 18, 01:07 AM
Replies: 14
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
New for old Oyster exchange?

Roland Perry wrote:

Those are the handful of TfL operated "Let us sell you a tourist-tax
priced ticket to Madame Tussauds" places, one of which is at the very
west end...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 17, 06:27 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Crossrail transition

Clank wrote:

If they alerted me every time they processed a transaction that would be
jolly irritating....

This wasn't a fraud alert - I had my account set to alert on...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 17, 06:25 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Crossrail transition

Roland Perry wrote:

But surely the Android-Pay *emulates* a contactless card.

Yes - and that's why I had hopes that the gates would recognize it. In fact, I
had no problems...
Forum: London Transport October 26th 17, 12:33 PM
Replies: 47
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Crossrail transition

Roland Perry wrote:

Do any of those combinations work on the *gates* as an Oyster
substitute?

Unfortunately they aren't RFID cards, so no.
Forum: London Transport October 26th 17, 03:27 AM
Replies: 47
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Crossrail transition

John Levine wrote:

FWIW, my US issued cards work fine as Oyster cards.

I can use my US issued Visa card to top up my Oyster card at an Oyster terminal
in the station, and I can...
Forum: London Transport August 1st 17, 11:57 PM
Replies: 155
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
New York Times on Crossrail

eastender wrote:

So why did they run this the other day:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/31/opinion/brexit-european-union-good-news.html?_r=0

The Good News on Brexit...
Forum: London Transport July 31st 17, 10:33 PM
Replies: 155
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
New York Times on Crossrail

Basil Jet wrote:

The NYT is infamous for its bias. I'm surprised they didn't manage to
fit blaming Trump for something into it.

This. The photos were nice, but I'd...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 17, 11:29 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Chris Grayling gives backing to Crossrail 2

Recliner wrote:

Who is 'Kahn'?

He's the guy who's ****ed off at Jim Kirk.
Forum: London Transport July 24th 17, 10:27 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
New report highlghts the important role of smaller stations for passengers

wrote:

That's why the city council introduced 20p charges for Cambridge public
toilets. It was found to reduce such abuse dramatically.

I thought the JCDeCaux...
Forum: London Transport April 1st 17, 01:12 PM
Replies: 313
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Woking to Heathrow

"D A Stocks" wrote:

if my initial experience is
anything to go by, nicer cars, nicer drivers and cheaper. What's not to
like?

I used Uber Lux for a ride across London...
Forum: London Transport March 1st 17, 11:23 PM
Replies: 120
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Oyster product pickup improvements

Clank wrote:

Speaking as a senior manager, I'm pretty sure there are postings I made on
Usenet in the 1980s I'd probably regret now, and being well aware of the
perils...
Forum: London Transport February 24th 17, 02:52 PM
Replies: 120
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Oyster product pickup improvements

"Richard J." wrote:

If you used Auto Top-up, you wouldn't have that problem.

Perhaps. I received a small post journey credit on a couple of Oyster cards...
Forum: London Transport January 24th 17, 12:56 PM
Replies: 273
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Gatwick airport overbridge

I manage engineering teams in the US, India and the EU and I can say the rules
aren't black in white. They strongly depend on your visa legal...
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 17, 11:34 PM
Replies: 273
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Gatwick airport overbridge

Roland Perry wrote:

But what if I were to organise a meeting, booking a conference room,
greeting guests and holding a seminar (where I was speaking). Is that
closer to...
Forum: London Transport August 30th 16, 12:05 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Quicker to walk?

Yes, this map shows the walking equivalents of all central London single
line hops; no doubt you can translate those into approximate...
Forum: London Transport July 25th 16, 03:54 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Awful journey planners

Hmmm... Apparently Google Maps is adding transit delays...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/07/24/google-maps-is-rolling-out-wi-fi-only-mode-and-mass-transit-delay-notifications-to-some-users/
Forum: London Transport July 17th 16, 01:38 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Arthur Conan Doyle
Awful journey planners

(Mark Bestley) wrote:

Des Citymapper use actual time tables or does ot just take average times
- I have trmoved one app bevause of that and think it was this one

Good...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 37

Forum Jump