Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Theo[_2_]
Forum: London Transport March 29th 19, 03:35 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Max changes on the same line?

Ian Clifton wrote:
"Richard J." writes:
A "sensible & perfectly informed passenger" would know that you can
get from Gare de Lyon...
Forum: London Transport March 28th 19, 03:52 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Max changes on the same line?

Ian Clifton wrote:
Let’s suppose you’re going from Reading to Hanwell. You might have to
make as many as 2 changes (at Slough, and Hayes & Harlington), to reach
Forum: London Transport February 14th 19, 11:22 AM
Replies: 22
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Uber Representative Calls For A United Protest

Roland Perry wrote:
The cost of operating the trucks is mainly time and mileage (not a
relatively small access fee) and therefore they have that sort of thing
pretty well...
Forum: London Transport February 12th 19, 07:34 PM
Replies: 22
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Uber Representative Calls For A United Protest

John Williamson wrote:

I have wondered if all the transport companies should have got together
and...
Forum: London Transport February 10th 19, 11:23 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Kingston to Eastbourne bus

Arthur Figgis wrote:
Waiting at a bus stop yesterday, I noticed the times for a
few-days-a-year return bus service from Kingston to Eastbourne.

Why does this...
Forum: London Transport January 21st 19, 10:49 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By Theo[_2_]
City plans to trial petrol and diesel ban

Graeme Wall wrote:
As I say, the electric buses here seem to manage a full day on a fairly
intensive service without needing more than an overnight charge at the
Forum: London Transport January 21st 19, 10:38 AM
Replies: 93
Posted By Theo[_2_]
When the software meets the hardware

Yes, that is surprising. Presumably the same data feeder system is used,
but the computerised visual and audio subsystems are...
Forum: London Transport January 20th 19, 11:44 AM
Replies: 55
Posted By Theo[_2_]
City plans to trial petrol and diesel ban

Basil Jet wrote:
That would make the tourist areas look like crap. It's better and
cheaper to have charging pads in the road at termini and other lengthy
stops. This...
Forum: London Transport January 19th 19, 08:24 PM
Replies: 55
Posted By Theo[_2_]
City plans to trial petrol and diesel ban

Graeme Wall wrote:
Battery buses here in Guildford seem to cope with the hills with no
problems. They've just been introduced on the park and ride services
which...
Forum: London Transport November 25th 18, 07:05 PM
Replies: 7
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Aldwych (was IBM Halt to close :( )

That is to say, there is a proposal to convert part of the Alderney
Branch's ROW at Holborn into passenger...
Forum: London Transport July 18th 18, 09:31 AM
Replies: 53
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Electric buses at waterloo

My brother owns an electric car. When it was new, it did about 100 miles
per charge, so it was useful for trips to his kids' sports...
Forum: London Transport July 15th 18, 12:31 PM
Replies: 53
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Electric buses at waterloo

Recliner wrote:
Were there any hydrogen-powered cars back then? I don't think so. There
certainly weren't any fuel-cell cars, let alone any hydrogen cars with a
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 18, 04:56 PM
Replies: 23
Posted By Theo[_2_]
What went wrong with the new Thameslink timetable

Probably not, but the structure of the privatised industry forces higher
standards than if it was one monolithic company. A modern day...
Forum: London Transport June 22nd 18, 11:46 AM
Replies: 23
Posted By Theo[_2_]
What went wrong with the new Thameslink timetable

You mean like BR, with steadily declining patronage, line closures, poor
standards of customer service on old trains and lower safety...
Forum: London Transport May 1st 18, 08:07 AM
Replies: 20
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Stansted Transit (photos)

Stansted is running at well below its runway capacity. If it ever grows to
need more passenger terminal capacity, it will simply need a...
Forum: London Transport March 11th 18, 09:50 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Early DLR aerial shot

Paul Corfield wrote:
I don't have an aerial shot like that but I have a few photos of the Isle
of Dogs in similar state when I had a walk round it in the 1980s. The DLR
had...
Forum: London Transport February 6th 18, 11:01 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Brent Cross West (Thameslink) station opening brought forward from 2031 to 2022

Four platforms - when was the last time a new station opened with four
platforms? I think Cambridge North only has three. I'm guessing...
Forum: London Transport January 30th 18, 07:19 PM
Replies: 28
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Last days of the 172s on the electrified GOBLIN

Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 30/01/2018 12:41, Roland Perry wrote:

Can you make a radio transceiver out of FPGA's?

Probably not, but you can get SDRs which...
Forum: London Transport November 29th 17, 04:36 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Deep shelter at Clapham South open to the public

wrote:
I had looked at the prices, though they do include a visit to the LTM which
might make them more attractive to some. The museum ain't cheap either.

I was...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 17, 03:45 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Croydon

Neil Williams wrote:
Maybe it's a London thing. In most of the UK the weekly shop is done
in an out of town style supermarket (sometimes on the edge of town, but
almost...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 17, 12:28 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Croydon

Neil Williams wrote:
Realistically who completes a full supermarket shop in a town centre
these days? An out of town supermarket and a Sainsburys Local (there
is already...
Forum: London Transport November 16th 17, 12:15 PM
Replies: 60
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Croydon

wrote:
The rag trade seem to be the bread and butter tenants of modern shopping
centres, providing the best rental income to sustain them. Look at
Cambridge's...
Forum: London Transport November 6th 17, 10:11 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Does a Metro anywhere have a first class section?

John Levine wrote:
The Paris metro used to but phased them out in 1981.

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/09/06/world/paris-metro-about-to-travel-all-second-class.html

Finally in...
Forum: London Transport October 15th 17, 04:51 PM
Replies: 51
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Oxford to London commute

I worked in an organisation in Cambridge where 'probably' the majority
cycled to work. I knew of nobody who changed their mode from cycling in...
Forum: London Transport October 10th 17, 10:54 PM
Replies: 51
Posted By Theo[_2_]
Oxford to London commute

Someone Somewhere wrote:
One thing to consider, is that whilst Oxford isn't particularly great
traffic wise, if your wife was to commute there and you lived in London
(or...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51

Forum Jump