Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 9.92 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sammi Gray-Jones
Forum: London Transport March 11th 20, 07:30 PM
Replies: 100
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Heathrow expansion plans "illegal"

On 10/03/2020 19:00, MissRiaElaine wrote:
snip
I am not a great "typer" and this is an awkward way of communicating for
me. I am a talker and could spend hours on the phone (and frequently...
Forum: London Transport January 14th 20, 06:57 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Front-boarding only for BBs

On 12/01/2020 18:35, tim... wrote:

"Sammi Gray-Jones" wrote in message

Forum: London Transport January 12th 20, 04:19 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Front-boarding only for BBs

On 12/01/2020 01:39, Marland wrote:

British Airways were still operating a few Viscounts into the early 80’s ,

I remember when I was working in Germany in the late 80s that the
airmails...
Forum: London Transport January 11th 20, 10:50 PM
Replies: 46
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Front-boarding only for BBs

On 11/01/2020 19:49, Marland wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 11/01/2020 17:04, Recliner wrote:

It's all...
Forum: London Transport November 9th 19, 03:56 PM
Replies: 135
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Heathrow Express slashes fares (so it says!)

On 09/11/2019 14:02, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 00:01:49 on Sat, 9 Nov
2019, Sammi Gray-Jones remarked:
On 07/11/2019...
Forum: London Transport November 8th 19, 11:01 PM
Replies: 135
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Heathrow Express slashes fares (so it says!)

On 07/11/2019 21:39, Recliner wrote:

Not just central London: Ealing Broadway may be more convenient for people
heading to west London, and people going to the City or Canary Wharf would
be...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 19, 07:11 PM
Replies: 78
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Boris's bus related jinxes continue

On 03/10/2019 16:14, wrote:
On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 13:16:08 +0100
On 03/10/2019 13:03, ...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 19, 12:35 PM
Replies: 167
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Heathrow CC

On 02/10/2019 16:39, Roland Perry wrote:

so if you have a long term job at LHR moving house seems the most
appropriate solution

What are these long term jobs of which you speak? And...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 19, 12:29 PM
Replies: 167
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Heathrow CC

Many of the hotels advertise a hotel transfer service, but this turns
out to be a minicab in many cases.

a pre-arranged Taxi it almost always is (not all countries have the
concept...
Forum: London Transport October 3rd 19, 12:16 PM
Replies: 78
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Boris's bus related jinxes continue

If I had to do that job I'd carry a perfectly legal but nicely sharpened
penknife for occasions like that. I'd sooner lose my job than my...
Forum: London Transport September 18th 19, 03:28 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Northern Line goes south

On 16/09/2019 19:52, Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
In article , MissRiaElaine
writes
I will resist metrication till my dying day.

Forum: London Transport September 11th 19, 01:02 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Northern Line goes south

On 10/09/2019 23:51, Recliner wrote:
MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 10/09/2019 20:21, Recliner wrote:

And...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 19, 10:10 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Northern Line goes south

On 10/09/2019 20:21, Recliner wrote:

It's quoted that way for the benefit of ignorant Brits, but what they
actually measure is 0-100 km/h. Many cars are limited to 250 km/h,
described as '155...
Forum: London Transport September 10th 19, 06:39 PM
Replies: 92
Posted By Sammi Gray-Jones
Northern Line goes south

On 08/09/2019 15:38, Recliner wrote:

Engineering went metric many decades ago. Nobody would dream of
engineering a new British car using imperial measurements. In fact, no
engineers still...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Forum Jump