I've driven along that route countless times and...

I've driven along that route countless times and have never noticed anything
unusual about the road layout. I'll go and look again just out of interest.
Forum: London Transport February 25th 21, 10:16 AM
Replies: 3
Posted By Robin9
I do still use GOBLIN although far less...

I do still use GOBLIN although far less frequently than pre-COVID
and I haven't been disappointed or inconvenienced by the lack of
change to the timetable.

It should be remembered that the passenger...
Forum: London Transport November 3rd 20, 12:29 PM
Replies: 18
Posted By Robin9
As Crossrail 2 has been hijacked by crayonists in...

As Crossrail 2 has been hijacked by crayonists in Hertfordshire,
Hampshire and Surrey and turned into Thameslink 2, a project to
benefit commuters living outside London, I don't mind if...
Forum: London Transport October 5th 20, 10:16 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Robin9
I watched this yesterday. Mr. Wild gave the...

I watched this yesterday. Mr. Wild gave the impression that there
has been a slight set-back but nothing serious and consistent
progress was being made. No mention of the need for still more
Forum: London Transport October 4th 20, 10:53 AM
Replies: 25
Posted By Robin9
Thanks for the link. I'll watch it this afternoon...

Thanks for the link. I'll watch it this afternoon via Wi-Fi on my TV.
The comments from the public show how annoyed most people are
by the endless and repeated delays. It's going to be very...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 20, 11:04 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Robin9
L. B. Waltham Forest Plans for Rail In Leyton.

My local authority, Waltham Forest, have produced a leaflet
with ideas for various schemes for developing the borough.
The ideas are far more sensible than is normally the case
with Waltham Forest...
Forum: London Transport September 28th 20, 10:30 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Robin9
The obvious way to transfer stock from Drayton...

The obvious way to transfer stock from Drayton Park to the
Bakerloo Line is via Finsbury Park (high level), then via
Copenhagen Tunnel and the North London Incline to the
North London Line, and...
Forum: London Transport September 17th 20, 08:26 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Robin9
I'm no authority on London Underground's work...

I'm no authority on London Underground's work systems
but I was always under the impression the Drayton Park/
Moorgate service was operated as a self contained entity.

Obviously servicing and...
Forum: London Transport September 1st 20, 08:41 AM
Replies: 24
Posted By Robin9
Boltar is right. Muswell Hill will generate far...

Boltar is right. Muswell Hill will generate far more than
a few hundred passengers a day. Like Roehampton and
Collier Row, it is a substantial suburban areas with no rail
service at all. Residents...
Forum: London Transport August 6th 20, 12:07 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Robin9
The thread title asks if there are lessons for...

The thread title asks if there are lessons for the rail industry.

A few years ago the answer would have been an emphatic yes
because Railtrack and Network Rail both had a firm policy of...
Forum: London Transport May 20th 20, 09:12 AM
Replies: 90
Posted By Robin9
The surprise is that stations like Oxford Circus...

The surprise is that stations like Oxford Circus and those others
you've cited are not in the most busy group. To me, living in Leyton,
it's not surprising to learn that Wood Green, North Acton and...
Forum: London Transport March 27th 20, 09:35 AM
Replies: 32
Posted By Robin9
Yes alas, but as you say, unsurprisingly.

Yes alas, but as you say, unsurprisingly.
Forum: London Transport February 8th 20, 10:12 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Robin9
About a week ago, a staff member at Leyton...

About a week ago, a staff member at Leyton Midland Road Station
told me all the track between Wanstead Park and Walthamstow
Queens Road is going to be replaced. They have obviously already
started...
Forum: London Transport January 27th 20, 09:51 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Robin9
Yes, I think I prefer the new trains too. (Can't...

Yes, I think I prefer the new trains too. (Can't use them at present on GOBLIN of course because
of that freight train incident)
Forum: London Transport January 23rd 20, 02:00 PM
Replies: 15
Posted By Robin9
That must be a fairly recent development. I never...

That must be a fairly recent development. I never seen that
and I visit Kings Cross every few weeks. Obviously this will be
helpful for passengers needing to decide from which station
the next...
Forum: London Transport January 9th 20, 10:46 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Robin9
Freedom Passes are valid on National Rail...

Freedom Passes are valid on National Rail services within the Greater London area
so even those without a nearby Tube line can utilise their passes on trains.
Ken Livingstone introduced free travel...
Forum: London Transport December 31st 19, 10:24 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Robin9
Perhaps a ticket mentioning...

Perhaps a ticket mentioning "Thameslink" is valid only on the
Thameslink service?
Forum: London Transport November 28th 19, 10:17 AM
Replies: 27
Posted By Robin9
Yes this is very sad, particularly at a fairly...

Yes this is very sad, particularly at a fairly young age. I was wondering
why he no longer posted in this forum.
Forum: London Transport November 12th 19, 09:15 AM
Replies: 4
Posted By Robin9
I haven't studied the rebuilt station and I'll...

I haven't studied the rebuilt station and I'll have a look in the next few days.

Two points: the ramp on the east side may have been put in as a safety
measure on the assumption that on match days...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 19, 12:51 PM
Replies: 5
Posted By Robin9
I should have made my point more clearly. I don't...

I should have made my point more clearly. I don't believe either
Sadiq Khan or TfL will release information which facilitates a
comparison of London's air quality today with what it was in
the year...
Forum: London Transport October 22nd 19, 09:42 AM
Replies: 111
Posted By Robin9
Very interesting so thanks for that. I'm a little...

Very interesting so thanks for that. I'm a little surprised that
there are spare train paths for additional trains along that
route. I would have guessed these trains were planned to run
during...
Forum: London Transport October 21st 19, 11:20 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Robin9
So, what we now need to know is would the level...

So, what we now need to know is would the level of NO2 drop below
the legal limit if Hackney Cab drivers all went over to a hybrid vehicle.

The second important piece of information is which...
Forum: London Transport October 9th 19, 07:54 AM
Replies: 167
Posted By Robin9
I'm astonished to learn houses in Thornton Heath...

I'm astonished to learn houses in Thornton Heath are available for
as little as 300K. That has always seemed to me to be a nice area;
not Blackheath or Woodford Wells, but more than acceptable.
Forum: London Transport September 23rd 19, 09:02 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Robin9
My guess is that originally the pavement stopped...

My guess is that originally the pavement stopped where the traffic light
is situated and that a footbridge over the A102 was constructed. I also
guess that at some stage TfL decided to move the bus...
Forum: London Transport September 22nd 19, 09:18 AM
Replies: 16
Posted By Robin9
I had a stroll round there yesterday and a look...

I had a stroll round there yesterday and a look at this bridge. I think
David Cantrell in Post 3 made the best guess. The footbridge is no longer
a stand-alone structure. It is now attached to the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump