Old March 13th 10, 08:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default lenght of bus routes

just a thought, what is the;longest bys route in bus excepting
anything that goes to the airport?

Old March 13th 10, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , martyn dawe
writes

just a thought, what is the;longest bys route in bus excepting
anything that goes to the airport?

Probably the Ozbus (Westminster Embankment to Sydney Opera House), if it
is still running.

--
Paul Terry
Old March 13th 10, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13/03/2010 09:55, martyn dawe wrote:
just a thought, what is the;longest bys route in bus excepting
anything that goes to the airport?

I don't know the route number, but I believe that it is about 18 miles.

Having said that, I wonder what the shortest bus route is.
Old March 13th 10, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:18:37 on Sat,
13 Mar 2010, " remarked:
just a thought, what is the;longest bys route in bus excepting
anything that goes to the airport?

Stage buses I assume.

I don't know the route number, but I believe that it is about 18 miles.

There used to be one that did Southend to Bow, via Brentwood and Romford
(ie following the railway line). That's about 40 miles.
Old March 15th 10, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default length of bus routes

Paul Corfield wrote
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 09:55:15 +0000, martyn dawe
wrote:

just a thought, what is the;longest bys route in bus excepting
anything that goes to the airport?

If you mean TfL routes then

http://www.londonbusroutes.net/details.htm

has km and miles for every TfL route plus some others that are cross
boundary. The X26 looks like the longest TfL route from a quick

glance.
There are some night routes like the N47 and N159 that get pretty

close.

The shortest route might be the 389 in Barnet but I think the stats

on
the above site are rounded so there some others that seem to be about
the same length.

X26 34 km 20 m 79-127 min

But the OP said "excepting anything that goes to the airport" as the
X26 does, so the night bus N89 is a better reply.

34 km 21m 71-79 min
Erith - Bexleyheath - Shooters Hill - Lewisham - Peckham - Elephant &
Castle - Trafalgar Square

And the shortest is surely the 917 2 km 1 mile ?

--
Mike D

Old March 15th 10, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mar 15, 1:12*am, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

*34 km 21m 71-79 min
Erith - Bexleyheath - Shooters Hill - Lewisham - Peckham - Elephant &
Castle - Trafalgar Square

Well, I admit I haven't looked at every single route, but the 409
between Croydon and East Grinstead is shown as 44km or 27 miles. It's
not a TfL route, but operates in London for at least part of its
length and is s stage route.

Peter
Old March 15th 10, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article
s.com, Peter Heather writes
On Mar 15, 1:12*am, "Michael R N Dolbear" wrote:

*34 km 21m 71-79 min
Erith - Bexleyheath - Shooters Hill - Lewisham - Peckham - Elephant &
Castle - Trafalgar Square

Well, I admit I haven't looked at every single route, but the 409
between Croydon and East Grinstead is shown as 44km or 27 miles. It's
not a TfL route, but operates in London for at least part of its
length and is s stage route.

How about the 402 Bromley - Tunbridge Wells?
--
Bill Borland