Old July 3rd 05, 02:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Live8

So I didn't make it over to the concert from the USA. So what did Live8 do
to London's transport system. Any observations are welcome. I'm curious.

-- E

--
Don't blame me. I didn't vote for him, his daddy, or his brother. (Another
Bumper Sticker).

Old July 3rd 05, 10:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
CMOT TMPV wrote:

So I didn't make it over to the concert from the USA. So what did Live8 do
to London's transport system. Any observations are welcome. I'm curious.

As usual for really big crowd events all the stations next to Hyde Park
were closed after the concert, but I thought it coped quite well.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"We can also agree that Saddam Hussein most certainly has chemical and biolog-
Old July 3rd 05, 10:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:48:35 GMT, CMOT TMPV
wrote:

So I didn't make it over to the concert from the USA. So what did Live8 do
to London's transport system. Any observations are welcome. I'm curious.

Well, they made everyone go the long way round at London Bridge. I
almost missed my train because of it.
--
James Farrar

September's coming soon
Old July 3rd 05, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Boothroyd wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 3 Jul 2005:

In article ,
CMOT TMPV wrote:

So I didn't make it over to the concert from the USA. So what did Live8 do
to London's transport system. Any observations are welcome. I'm curious.

As usual for really big crowd events all the stations next to Hyde Park
were closed after the concert, but I thought it coped quite well.

Friend who drives a motor-bike said it took 2 hours to get home (to St
John's Wood), as all the roads round Hyde Park were closed, but I'm not
sure whether she was at the concert or doing something else.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old July 3rd 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

LU management had failed to make emergency plans in case of
over-running etc, therefore at about 8pm last night, the controllers
were asking drivers if they'd be willing to work a few hours extra.

The last trains operated between 30 mins and one hour later than their
booked times to cope with the crowds.