Old July 3rd 05, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mrs Redboots Mrs Redboots is offline

Default Live8

David Boothroyd wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 3 Jul 2005:

In article ,
CMOT TMPV wrote:

So I didn't make it over to the concert from the USA. So what did Live8 do
to London's transport system. Any observations are welcome. I'm curious.

As usual for really big crowd events all the stations next to Hyde Park
were closed after the concert, but I thought it coped quite well.

Friend who drives a motor-bike said it took 2 hours to get home (to St
John's Wood), as all the roads round Hyde Park were closed, but I'm not
sure whether she was at the concert or doing something else.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/