Old July 20th 06, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Traffic from M4 to London City Airport?

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 21:25:45 +0100, (SteveH)
wrote:

Tom Robinson wrote:

On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:47:18 +0100,
(SteveH)
wrote:

AstraVanMan wrote:

A friend of mine coming from the west on the M4, hoping to get to London
City Airport by around 6pm on a Sunday evening - what's the traffic
likely to be like?

And I am the friend....

I'm coming in from South Wales, and have been given the following route:

So Steve, why exactly did you decide not to use Heathrow or even
Bristol? No flights?

Corporate bookings, innit.

We only book Lufthansa, BA and OLT.

I *could* have possibly booked a flight myself from Bristol, however,
Bristol flights don't operate every day, plus I'm in the Woking area for
a few days now, and in Ealing on Friday - so it sort of made sense to
drive down to London and stay down in this area, IYSWIM.

Bah, thats really daft. We're encouraged to book corporate flights
through the internal website thingy, but in reality it often doesn't
have the best option, so most people just book their own flights with
whatever carrier they want, even though that goes against the
"corporate policy". As long as it's not massively more expensive,
nobody really cares. I think using the "corporate website" is more
about keeping the various airlines happy than actually making it more
convenient for people / saving the company any money.

If I was in your situation and the thingy had only shown flights from
City Airport, I'd have thought "bugger it" and booked my own from
Heathrow anyway. Not strictly allowed, but it wouldnt exactly be
difficult to win the argument with some "corporare travel centre"
jobsworth.

--
to respond via email, visit:
http://tinyurl.com/e48z9