Old August 31st 06, 09:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Tim is offline

Default Irish Rovers

Who are the two chaps I sometimes see busking outside Waterloo (the exit
from the Jubilee line onto the road) - thay play a great medley of Irish
Songs and I regard them as lucky charms because they were playing my
favourite, the "Irish Rover" very early one morning as I was on my was to a
(as it turned out, successful) job interview.

I always chuck them a couple of quid when I see them as they are obviously
lucky, but I wonder whether anyone has seen them busking anywhere else?

Old September 1st 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tim wrote:
Who are the two chaps I sometimes see busking outside Waterloo (the exit
from the Jubilee line onto the road) - thay play a great medley of Irish
Songs and I regard them as lucky charms because they were playing my
favourite, the "Irish Rover" very early one morning as I was on my was to a
(as it turned out, successful) job interview.

I always chuck them a couple of quid when I see them as they are obviously
lucky, but I wonder whether anyone has seen them busking anywhere else?

Made me wonder; is there a ticket that allows unlimited travel over the
Irish rail network for a fixed period? And is it called "Irish Rover"?

Old September 1st 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 1 Sep 2006 06:43:52 -0700, "kytelly" wrote:

Made me wonder; is there a ticket that allows unlimited travel over the
Irish rail network for a fixed period? And is it called "Irish Rover"?

Yes, but (IIRC) it is called Explorer or Emerald card, depending on
whether you want buses and/or Northern Ireland included.
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK