Old September 1st 06, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london
kytelly kytelly is offline

Default Irish Rovers

Tim wrote:
Who are the two chaps I sometimes see busking outside Waterloo (the exit
from the Jubilee line onto the road) - thay play a great medley of Irish
Songs and I regard them as lucky charms because they were playing my
favourite, the "Irish Rover" very early one morning as I was on my was to a
(as it turned out, successful) job interview.

I always chuck them a couple of quid when I see them as they are obviously
lucky, but I wonder whether anyone has seen them busking anywhere else?

Made me wonder; is there a ticket that allows unlimited travel over the
Irish rail network for a fixed period? And is it called "Irish Rover"?