Old October 27th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

Default Interesting cab ride...

wrote:
istrebityel wrote:
Luckily I've never had an experience like this before (most other
cabbies I've ever travelled with have been excellent), though next time
I flag one down I'll certainly take a careful look who's driving. And
if ever you're on High Holborn late on a Wednesday night, just pray you
don't run into him yourselves...

Reading through that account, I could feel the fear/intimidation/anger
you must have felt. I mean, locking the doors! You should have taken
his number and reported it, but I know its not so easy to make that
decision at the time. One thing I was thinking would have been
effective would be to discretely phone 999 while he was shouting, but
hey the moment's passed now. I just hope your girl doesn't take it all
to heart, which is easy to do.

A little off topic, but just as indicative of the way the world's going
to pot, just the other day I dropped my mrs off to work near Tesco at

I can't believe the way some people can act, ESPECIALLY people who are
supposed to be in customer service. If I did that at work to a
customer, I'd lose my job. All I can do is urge people to ALWAYS
report these things, cos these people should not be facing customers.

Tesco treat their staff and suppliers like **** so don't shop there.

Old October 28th 06, 11:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

istrebityel wrote:
Thanks for all supportive replies -- regarding getting his number,
while things were kicking off in the cab, I never had the presence of
mind to memorise the driver details (kicking myself even now, though
when you're there for real it's easy to forget these things). Once we
were on the street and he was about to drive off, I did try to get
round to see the number plate, but my gf pulled me back thinking I was
approaching the driver again in a way that could lead to things getting
physical. And by the time he was speeding down the road and I stepped
back out between the parked cars blocking my view, he was too far away.
Sounds daft I know to come away with so little, but there you go.
(However I do remember exactly what was on the meter - do takings and
fares get centrally recorded? Just a thought...)

If you can remember the time and place, I would be pretty sure that you
would have been picked up on a cctv camera somewhere. God knows there's
enough of them!
Old November 1st 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 08:15:03PM +0100, steve wrote:

Tesco treat their staff and suppliers like **** so don't shop there.

But unlike the corner shop, their milk doesn't go off as soon as you
look at it. Hooray for genetically engineered hormone enhanced
irradiated cruelly farmed slave labour products!

--
David Cantrell | Benevolent Dictator Of The World