Old July 6th 06, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default has anyone booked a cab online?

Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online. I did the other night. Was
much cheaper than taking a black cab. the cab arrived on time and i
arrived home safely. By prepaying i didn't even have to go looking for
money at the end of a lonnng night :-) I think its a good idea, any
comments.
i used http://www.minicabsinlondon.com and will again :-D

Old July 7th 06, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online. I did the other night. Was
much cheaper than taking a black cab. the cab arrived on time and i
arrived home safely. By prepaying i didn't even have to go looking for
money at the end of a lonnng night :-) I think its a good idea, any
comments.
i used http://www.minicabsinlondon.com and will again :-D

It is poor. You can only book online to the airport and so is no good for
any other purpose. The site design is gaudy and unprofessional and looks
like a child designed it. Also whoever programmed the site couldn't
accurately add 5h 30m to GMT to get the time in India.

Old July 7th 06, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

tkd wrote:
Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online. I did the other night. Was
much cheaper than taking a black cab. the cab arrived on time and i
arrived home safely. By prepaying i didn't even have to go looking for
money at the end of a lonnng night :-) I think its a good idea, any
comments.
i used http://www.minicabsinlondon.com and will again :-D

Also whoever programmed the site couldn't
accurately add 5h 30m to GMT to get the time in India.

That's because they used this code:

new tzone('Los Angeles ', -8.11, 1, '#104973'),
new tzone('Montreal ', -4.11, 0, '#104973'),
new tzone('London ', +1, 0, '#104973'),
new tzone('New Delhi ', +5.30, 0, '#104973'),
new tzone('Sydney ', +10, 0, '#104973')

5h30m = 5.30, no? And as for those entries for LA and Montreal, I
can't even *imagine* what they were thinking...

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please

Old July 7th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
VW VW is offline

"XIIX" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey, has anyone else booked a cab online. I did the other night. Was
much cheaper than taking a black cab. the cab arrived on time and i
arrived home safely. By prepaying i didn't even have to go looking for
money at the end of a lonnng night :-) I think its a good idea, any
comments.
i used http://www.minicabsinlondon.com and will again :-D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey yourself "TOSSER"Yes my comment is that you are a lying spamming little
turd,so **** off back to your stinky minicab office above the chip shop, &
continue your work of clearing the streets at night of drunken drugged
vomiting scum.

Old July 8th 06, 02:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

JRS: In article , dated Fri, 7
Jul 2006 14:51:07 remote, seen in news:uk.transport.london, tkd
posted :

i used http://www.minicabsinlondon.com and will again :-D

It is poor. You can only book online to the airport and so is no good for
any other purpose. The site design is gaudy and unprofessional and looks
like a child designed it. Also whoever programmed the site couldn't
accurately add 5h 30m to GMT to get the time in India.

If it matters, check for the correct implementation of EU and foreign
Summer Time rules, both the date and the time of the change -
particularly the change in US dates (and maybe Canadian dates ) from
2007. If they include the Southern Hemisphere, check that Summer is put
in the right half of the year. If they include LHI, check also for the
amount of change.

--
© John Stockton, Surrey, UK. Turnpike v4.00 IE 4 ©
URL:http://www.jibbering.com/faq/? JL/RC: FAQ of news:comp.lang.javascript

Old July 10th 06, 09:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Larry Lard ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they
were saying :

Also whoever programmed the site couldn't
accurately add 5h 30m to GMT to get the time in India.

That's because they used this code:

snip

And as for those entries for LA and Montreal, I
can't even *imagine* what they were thinking...

I'm not quite sure why a London minicab company would even need a cross-
time-zone clock on the website, anyway.

How bloody much would the fair to Sydney BE?
Old July 2nd 15, 08:16 AM
Junior Member

Arrow

I used Eatransfer very cheap and reliable facility. booked cab online through website http://www.eatransfer.com/.