Old August 12th 07, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default oyster history?

Does the online oyster history ever work?

IIRC, it says someone like it only works if you have purchased pay as
you go credit from Oyster online. So, I did that on Friday and got
the card updated on Saturday. Still no online history for Saturday or
Sunday. It shows the correct balence, just no history. I need this
for my expense reports.

And has anyone pointed out how un-tourist friendly the website is? In
order to register my card, I had to make up a Postcode because it would
not accept my valid US Zipcode.

Old August 12th 07, 10:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard Kovalcik" wrote in message
Does the online oyster history ever work?

IIRC, it says someone like it only works if you have purchased pay as
you go credit from Oyster online. So, I did that on Friday and got
the card updated on Saturday. Still no online history for Saturday or
Sunday. It shows the correct balence, just no history. I need this
for my expense reports.

And has anyone pointed out how un-tourist friendly the website is? In
order to register my card, I had to make up a Postcode because it would
not accept my valid US Zipcode.

Have you filled in and signed the form, and handed it in at a station, I may
be wrong but I think I didn't get a history until I'd done that. Don't know
why...

Paul S

Old August 13th 07, 10:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Scott wrote:
"Richard Kovalcik" wrote in message
And has anyone pointed out how un-tourist friendly the website is? In
order to register my card, I had to make up a Postcode because it would
not accept my valid US Zipcode.

Have you filled in and signed the form, and handed it in at a station, I may
be wrong but I think I didn't get a history until I'd done that. Don't know
why...

When I tried to do that in 2005, I was told that cards couldn't be
registered to overseas addresses.
--
David of Broadway
New York, NY, USA
Old August 13th 07, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 13, 9:37?am, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:
(Richard Kovalcik)typed

Does the online oyster history ever work?
IIRC, it says someone like it only works if you have purchased pay as
you go credit from Oyster online. So, I did that on Friday and got
the card updated on Saturday. Still no online history for Saturday or
Sunday. It shows the correct balence, just no history. I need this
for my expense reports.
And has anyone pointed out how un-tourist friendly the website is? In
order to register my card, I had to make up a Postcode because it would
not accept my valid US Zipcode.

It takes 48 hours, sometimes more, to update journey history. Things
might work out OK if you wait a bit longer.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Has something changed with the way the online record operates?

Originally, I had an Oyster card (bought at a tube station, and
registered there by filling in the form) and within a few days I was
able to access my journey history online without problem.

I lost that card, cancelled it and bought a new card at another tube
station, but only registered it about 3 weeks ago at another tube
station. I am unable to access my journey history online, the site
stating that I have to buy online credit or set it up for automatic
top-up.

I am pretty sure that I had done neither of these things with my
original card, but was still able to access the information. Have the
rules changed since then?

Despite trawling through the myriad of Q&A on the TFL site, I cannot
find the answer anywhere. Any help here would be most appreciated.

Marc.

Old August 13th 07, 04:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Does the online oyster history ever work?

IIRC, it says someone like it only works if you have purchased pay as
you go credit from Oyster online. So, I did that on Friday and got
the card updated on Saturday. Still no online history for Saturday or
Sunday. It shows the correct balence, just no history. I need this
for my expense reports.

On the Journey History page it says it normally takes 48 hours for journeys
to be added to your statement and that is reasonably accurate in my
experience. Or rather it takes up to 48 hours. For example it is already
showing a tram and tube journey I made yesterday morning, but it is yet to
show the return journey I made in the afternoon. On occasions I've had to
wait several days for some journeys to appear and some journeys have never
appeared at all, but on the whole they tend to appear in a couple of days.

Old August 14th 07, 03:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 13, 6:57 am, David of Broadway
wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:
"Richard Kovalcik" wrote in message
And has anyone pointed out how un-tourist friendly the website is? In
order to register my card, I had to make up a Postcode because it would
not accept my valid US Zipcode.

Have you filled in and signed the form, and handed it in at a station, I may
be wrong but I think I didn't get a history until I'd done that. Don't know
why...

When I tried to do that in 2005, I was told that cards couldn't be
registered to overseas addresses.

Truely *DAFT* on their part. If I'd known that I just would have
registered it to my business address in the UK and the secretary would
have forwarded by inter-office if necessary.

On the other hand, my history has shown up. To almost my first
transaction over 24 hours before I did a top-up from the credit
card. It is clear as mud (I take it that on the online history they
show $4.00 debited on every entry and a credit for the difference to
the real fare on exit WITH NO SIGNS OF +/- ON THE AMOUNTS?).

So, I think I've won as much as anyway can win with this scheme.

Old August 14th 07, 03:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 13, 12:51 pm, "Graham J" wrote:
Does the online oyster history ever work?

IIRC, it says someone like it only works if you have purchased pay as
you go credit from Oyster online. So, I did that on Friday and got
the card updated on Saturday. Still no online history for Saturday or
Sunday. It shows the correct balence, just no history. I need this
for my expense reports.

On the Journey History page it says it normally takes 48 hours for journeys
to be added to your statement and that is reasonably accurate in my
experience. Or rather it takes up to 48 hours. For example it is already
showing a tram and tube journey I made yesterday morning, but it is yet to
show the return journey I made in the afternoon. On occasions I've had to
wait several days for some journeys to appear and some journeys have never
appeared at all, but on the whole they tend to appear in a couple of days.

Apparently it only shows that once you have a history to display.
That explains a lot. Thanks.

Old August 14th 07, 11:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Rick typed

On the other hand, my history has shown up. To almost my first
transaction over 24 hours before I did a top-up from the credit
card. It is clear as mud (I take it that on the online history they
show $4.00 debited on every entry and a credit for the difference to
the real fare on exit WITH NO SIGNS OF +/- ON THE AMOUNTS?).

They don't seem to know what is a credit and what's a debit on the system.

You can only check the 'bottom line' to ensue you've paid the right amount.

So, I think I've won as much as anyway can win with this scheme.

Yes, isn't it *wonderful*? ;-)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old August 14th 07, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Aug 14, 7:10 am, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:
Rick typed

On the other hand, my history has shown up. To almost my first
transaction over 24 hours before I did a top-up from the credit
card. It is clear as mud (I take it that on the online history they
show $4.00 debited on every entry and a credit for the difference to
the real fare on exit WITH NO SIGNS OF +/- ON THE AMOUNTS?).

They don't seem to know what is a credit and what's a debit on the system.

You can only check the 'bottom line' to ensue you've paid the right amount.

So, I think I've won as much as anyway can win with this scheme.

Yes, isn't it *wonderful*? ;-)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Well I guess it beats the Boston, Massachusetts "Charlie Card" system
were online history or balence (or even history at a machine) is still
"coming soon". About all you can do in Boston is get your balence at
a machine.