Old December 10th 08, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default VCTS

VCTS - Veterans Concessionary Travel Scheme
The map for which is here -
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...vel-scheme.pdf
with information page here -
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/9941.aspx

Firstly, does anyone know if and where I could get a copy of this map
printed out? I've printed one on my computer but I suspect it won't
last long.

Secondly, It shows alot (all?) lines for trains, tube, etc, but not
all the stations on those lines, can it only be used to/from the
stations marked? or are some missed out to make things less cluttered.

Thirdly, I see the extent to which travel is possible on the NR lines,
if I was travelling out of London could I purchase in advance a ticket
to my destination from the furthest station on this map thus using the
card up to that point? or would I have to jump off (my jumping days
are over but you get my meaning) and do the touchy oyster thingy?

Finally, anything I'm missing or maybe not noticing about it's use?
(beyond having to remember to use the right one when travelling for
work).

Old December 11th 08, 07:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 11 Dec, 00:45, MarkVarley - MVP
wrote:
Secondly, It shows alot (all?) lines for trains, tube, etc, but not
all the stations on those lines, can it only be used to/from the
stations marked? or are some missed out to make things less cluttered.

I think the idea is it shows the boundaries of the scheme, which vary
on a line-by-line basis (some are the Greater London boundary, some
are the Travelcard zone 6 boundary, etc). I think any journey between
any stations within the boundary are allowed, including those not
marked.

(I don't think there are any lines that aren't marked, which means you
can use it on any line in London as far as the marked boundary
station)

Thirdly, I see the extent to which travel is possible on the NR lines,
if I was travelling out of London could I purchase in advance a ticket
to my destination from the furthest station on this map thus using the
card up to that point? or would I have to jump off (my jumping days
are over but you get my meaning) and do the touchy oyster thingy?

I believe the "train must stop at the station you switch between
tickets" rule applies. You shouldn't have to do any actual getting off
the train.

Old December 11th 08, 09:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

MarkVarley - MVP wrote:
[...]

"This is a simplified diagram and some lines and stations have been omitted
for the sake of clarity. A "London Connections" map is available which shows
the complete network." In other words, it just defines the boundaries of
the scheme, and you can use any station within those boundaries. It looks
like a copy of the Freedom Pass validity map at www.freedompass.org

--
Richard J.

Old December 11th 08, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Secondly, It shows alot (all?) lines for trains, tube, etc, but not
all the stations on those lines, can it only be used to/from the
stations marked? or are some missed out to make things less cluttered.

I think the idea is it shows the boundaries of the scheme, which vary
on a line-by-line basis (some are the Greater London boundary, some
are the Travelcard zone 6 boundary, etc). I think any journey between
any stations within the boundary are allowed, including those not
marked.

(I don't think there are any lines that aren't marked, which means you
can use it on any line in London as far as the marked boundary
station)

Excellent, and thank you.

Thirdly, I see the extent to which travel is possible on the NR lines,
if I was travelling out of London could I purchase in advance a ticket
to my destination from the furthest station on this map thus using the
card up to that point? or would I have to jump off (my jumping days
are over but you get my meaning) and do the touchy oyster thingy?

I believe the "train must stop at the station you switch between
tickets" rule applies. You shouldn't have to do any actual getting off
the train.

Thats very handy )