Old January 3rd 04, 01:43 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
G Crozier G Crozier is offline

Default Massive Airport expansion announced

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 16:31:56 +1030, (Aidan Stanger)
wrote:

G Crozier wrote:
wrote:
Personally, I'd like to see the re-introduction of Wisley airfield,
which while very handy for the M3/M25, would also increase the Nimby
factor.

To hell with more airports in the southeast we only have one decent
airport here in the northwest and that's Manchester and the time is
long overdue for us to have another the same size or larger .

Why? Do any other airports in the NW operate anywhere near their
capacity?

We only have one and that has I stated is Manchester in the SE there
are 4 or 5 major airports each within easy reach of people living in
the area I am thirty odd miles away from Manchester people living in
the Cumberland area have around a hundred mile journey to Manchester .
Capacity doesn't matter it is accessability that matters which many
people up here in the northwest don't have.
Grant .