Old November 11th 09, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Quick PAYG query

In article ,
lid (asdf) wrote:

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:18:40 -0000, Paul Scott wrote:

Could someone remind me what happens if you touch in with a small
positive balance (that is less than the maximum cash fare), then
touch out following a journey that was more expensive than the
balance?

You get a slight overdraft on the card.

Cheers. So it will not be until the start of the next attempted journey
that you'll find you can't touch in?

Yes. IIRC you can even do an OSI while your balance is negative
(though I haven't tried this for a while).

Even if that takes you into Zone 1 and you have less than £1.60 credit on
the card?

--
Colin Rosenstiel