Old November 12th 09, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Quick PAYG query

On 12 Nov, 10:37, "Paul Scott" wrote:
David of Broadway wrote:
Don't forget that some cards don't have a deposit - namely, cards
initially purchased with a week-or-longer Travelcard. *(Or at least
that was the policy when I was last in London.)

It has changed since then, 7 day travelcards (at least) had a deposit
introduced to encourage people not to throw them away IIRC...

Paul S

I can't see anyone ever getting the money back honestly. Would anyone
remember it when emigrating (particularly if they needed it to get to
the airport)? Would bereaved relatives think of getting back the
deposit on the deceased's Oyster?