Old November 14th 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london
asdf asdf is offline

Default Oyster PAYG on National Rail from 02.01.10 : A fare question.

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:03:49 +0000, Paul Corfield wrote:

Journey in question is West Ruislip to Wembley Stadium on Chiltern
Railways. Currently the fare for this journey is £1.10 Off Peak, the
same as a Z6-Z4 Off Peak LU/TFL journey. I've had a read of some
documents and in the New Year this trip will be priced under a "Train
Company ( National Rail)" set of fares resulting in a new fare of
£1.70 - this seems a staggering percentage increase. I guess there
will be similar increases in fares on other existing Oyster NR routes
to compensate for Oyster PAYG going network wide ?

Having looked at the Mayoral Decision notice and the values therein then
I think you've identified the applicable fares correctly.

That's disappointing to hear, though not really surprising (easy come,
easy go).

I take it that interavailable routes will still remain on the LU
farescale? Ironically this might make South Ruislip - Marylebone
cheaper than Northolt Park - Marylebone.