Old November 17th 09, 08:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default First Capital Connect strike ...

On Nov 17, 9:02*pm, (Neil Williams)
wrote:

What I want to know is why it's causing short-formings. *Is there a
dispute with maintenance staff as well? *If not, why don't they just
run everything as 8-car?

I think the same question - there should be no 4cars coming off depot
and no attach / detach anywhere in service (except failures of
course).

FCC have had enough units since
Mmarch to run the entire am peak with all 8car and all but 3 (slightly
extended period) pm peaks trains as 8car. Thus in theory it does seem
to me if they axe 50% of trains ... and the peaks are cut back as
well ... they have enough stock to run the entire emergency service
8car

However, someone has posted on a other forum FCC have from the
emergency timetable withdrawn all 377/5 diagrams except three 8car
train (six units that head to Ashford/Gillingham that involve SET crew
depots somewhere along the route that don't know 319s).

Alleged this is to allow FCC to run all trains with 319s so all
drivers know them ... part of the reason excessive rest days were
being worked was because of ongoing 377 training, there are still of
lot don't know 377s. ((Its also reported they;ve ceased 377
training)).

But there are only ~20 out of the 26 377/5s actually commossiioned, so
leaving the 6 they are still using thats only ~14 units stopped, and I
am sure that still leaves enough 319s to run 99%+/-1% service all
8car.

So I don't beelive a word of it, that FCC don't have enough stock to
run whats currently advertised as all 8car. I'd need some proof - like
the diagrams - first.

--
Nick