Old November 18th 09, 06:49 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Sir Terry Farrell backs Euston as venue for London high speed rail hub

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 18:17:57 +0000, Tom Anderson
wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Bruce wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:09:54 -0000, "Basil Jet"
wrote:
Since Euston/St Pancras is to be the gateway to The North and the gateway to
The Continent, how about a Wembley-style arch stretching from Euston to St
Pancras, with gondolas hanging from it? That would show them uppity
Wuppertalers, and I think it might be cheaper than a subterranean
travelator.

Until I read your post, I doubted that it would have been possible for
anyone to come up with an even more tacky idea for Euston Road than a
21st century restaurant-and-nightclub-housing semi-replica of a
grotesque and entirely pointless 19th century propylaeum.

It now appears that I was wrong. ;-)

But it could be held up by fibreglass replica caryatids! Perhaps modelled
after the celebrated Ms Katie Price?

Oh, joy. Not. :-(