Old November 19th 09, 08:55 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Basil Jet Basil Jet is offline

Default Sir Terry Farrell backs Euston as venue for London high speed rail hub

Bruce wrote:

Another is Westminster, on the same Jubilee line. As a civil
engineer, I find it a most impressive monument to below-ground civil
engineering, almost on a par with a major bridge. But I do wonder
whether such a huge (and hugely expensive) hole in the ground was
absolutely necessary.

It's supposed to be particularly bomb-proof, so maybe it is neccessary. I
imagine Westminster and Canary Wharf to be the only underground stations
where a bomb could go off without even permanently deafening everyone on the
same platform.

--
We are the Strasbourg. Referendum is futile.