Old November 19th 09, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
J. Chisholm J. Chisholm is offline

Default Disruption at Feltham

Bruce wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:14:48 +0000, "J. Chisholm"
wrote:
I don't go with 'constant change' theory. More like a typical foundation
that has been undermined by a particular rainfall event.

That's precisely why I stated "It is probably a result of scour under
the foundations as a result of the extreme flows of water."

You obviously didn't bother to read that. However, you quoted it in
your reply.

Do you make a habit of replying to postings you cannot be bothered to
read? Why?

Sorry. No need to be agressive... I read the last para which implied a
different mode of failure, although I support the fact that modern
bricks and cement based motors, result in increased cracking. I was
always told that mortar is to keep bricks apart, not to stick therm
together.
I think engineers are going back to lime based mortars in many
applications where twenty years ago they would have used cement based
ones without a thought.

Jim