Old November 19th 09, 05:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default OT - Common

In message , writes

Probably because london where the king and his retinue lived offically used to
be north of the Thames only and I think the parks used to be the kings hunting
parks. I'm guessing that the commons were simply common ground people could
graze animals on. Of course richmond park is an exception and it still has
the decendents of the deer various kings used to hunt.

And Richmond Palace, of course.

And then there's Greenwich Palace ...

And isn't Windsor on the south side of the Thames?

--
Paul Terry