Old November 19th 09, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default A sign of things to come...

On Nov 19, 7:59*pm, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:20:41 -0000, "Recliner"

wrote:
I noticed that Crossrail work has now started being blamed for weekend
Underground closures: "Between Edgware Road and Barking there is no
service due to Thameslink and Crossrail work.".
Perhaps this has been said before, but it's the first time I've noticed
it in the weekly TfL closures email. But I guess we'll have to get used
to seeing it many, many times more in the coming years.

I spotted that on the travel info newsletter I see at work. I think the
work is somewhere on the Barbican - Liv St section but not 100% certain
about that.

Ah, so that's the source of this particular misery - the London Loop
newsletter has the closures, but not the reasons behind them.

Combined with the Central Line closure west of Marble Arch, it's going
to make it a bit tricky to go west.
Journey Planner is offering me a somewhat optimistic 47 minute trip
from Wood Lane to Wood Green (changing at Edgware Road, Kings X,
Finsbury Park and Turnpike Lane for a bus). I'll believe that when I
see it.