Old November 20th 09, 12:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Default Is it time for transport unions to be banned?

On 20 Nov, 13:04, "Recliner" wrote:
wrote in
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 11:32:01 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:34:20 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

Isn't about time these unions were banned and workers in these
sectors just got on with doing the job they signed a legally
binding contract to do instead of behaving like immature stroppy
teenagers with a chip on their shoulder?

I'm surprised you're only asking for a ban. *I thought you'd be
campaigning for death by lethal injection for the TU leaders and
public floggings for anyone who goes on strike.

Couldn't do any harm.

Seriously though , people like Bob Crowe are just as much of a cancer
on society as those idiot bankers. I wouldn't loose any sleep if he
was arrested and charged with misconduct in a public office.

Who on earth is this villainous Bob "Crowe" (sic)? *Could you be
confusing him with Bob Crow of the RMT, who holds no public office? *And
how do you "loose" sleep anyway? [Presumably this is the opposite of
"tight" sleep, enjoyed before waking up with a hangover?]

Yes, I think he means Bob Crow, whose funding comes entirely from the
subscriptions of members he represents and to whom he is
democratically accountable, unlike ... ooh ... the bosses of Lloyds
who are being propped up by the taxpayer and over whom the taxpayer
has no control.