Old November 20th 09, 01:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
martin martin is offline

Default A sign of things to come...

On Nov 20, 11:29*am, Paul Corfield wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 16:09:23 -0800 (PST), martin

wrote:
Combined with the Central Line closure west of Marble Arch, it's going
to make it a bit tricky to go west.
Journey Planner is offering me a somewhat optimistic 47 minute trip
from Wood Lane to Wood Green (changing at Edgware Road, Kings X,
Finsbury Park and Turnpike Lane for a bus). I'll believe that when I
see it.

Good grief - why not just take the Picc to Hammersmith and pick up a 72
or a 220? *At least it is only one change although I recognise Wood
Green stn is closed at the weekend so you have to get to Turnpike Lane
somehow.

Wood Lane itself is being dug up (again!), so the H&C might be a
better move than the bus - but I am tempted to try Journey Planner's
suggestion out of sheer bloody mindedness.