Old November 20th 09, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Quiztime

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Tom Anderson wrote:

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Basil Jet wrote:

Where is there a bridge over The Thames which has both ends on the same
side of The Thames?

Dagenham. Somewhere along there, anyway. Bound to be.

Honestly, the lot of you can stop fussing over that piddling little stream
out west, the truth lies in the east - as i said, in mystical Dagenham:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.5...09624&t=h&z=17

There are also some structures on the south bank around Erith that might
count as bridges, although some would doubtless claim they were merely flying
promenades.

And, slightly less far east, at Limehouse Dock:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.5...02406&t=k&z=19

I think that patch of water might technically be the Thames, since it's
seaward of the last lock gate. But if that counts, there are loads of
bridges that do.

tom

--
I recently retraced on foot a famous journey that William Hazlitt made
from Shropshire to Somerset to visit Wordsworth and Coleridge. I spent