Old November 21st 09, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Is it time for transport unions to be banned?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 04:50:30 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Nov 21, 10:03?am, Bruce wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:28:19 -0800 (PST), "

wrote:

I heard Crow on the local news this evening - he's again jumping on
the "elf'nsafety" banwagon, regarding track inspections on the Jubilee
Line. Clearly his overpaid members are looking for some more Christmas
shopping time in which to spend their inflated paypackets!

I think the idea is to get their pay so high that they can afford
several weeks on strike each year in support of Brother Crow's
political agenda.

And to think that he was overlooked in the trawl to find a suitable
candidate for President of the E.U.!

Funnily enough, I'd rather have him than Tony Bliar, because at least
you would know exactly where you were with him. And he's a fighter -
better to have on your side than the other.

I feel sorry for the poor Belgians, whose politically divided
Parliament took many months to find someone who would agree to become
their Prime Minister, only to lose him soon after to become President
of Europe. Perhaps the feeling is that anyone who can lead divided
Belgium has at least a chance of getting the various leaders of the
states of the EU (and the European Commissioners) to work together.

I sincerely hope that Belgium can find a replacement for Herman van
Rompuy with the passion needed to unify the country. The gap between
the two sides (Flemish and Walloons) is a political and cultural
chasm. There was a near-complete dearth of candidates for the job
last time until Mr van Rompuy stepped up.

More worrying is the appointment of Baroness Nobody to be the EU's
foreign minister, and her replacement as Trade Commissioner by an
anti-free market Frenchman.