Old November 21st 09, 09:05 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Greg Sutherland Greg Sutherland is offline

Default First Capital Connect Inspectors strike again ! Allegedly

Clark F Morris wrote:
Are the ticket required areas well defined and labeled? Obviously
the ticket office should not be in the ticket required area. Where
have the confrontations listed here taken place? Are there adequate
provisions for ticket purchase at the required points? The
enforcement of fares is needed and I would like to see as few barriers
as possible on a system so doing it right is important. If we start
getting decent rail networks in North America, I would like to have
examples of how to do things to point to in England.

Pointing to England as an example of best practice in public transport
is not the way to go. Certainly it is not the place to seek examples of
how to do things.

Look to Europe for examples of how to do things well.

Greg

From Sydney, Australia which is also an example of how not to do things.
Why can't the english speaking (as a native tongue) nations do public
transport properly?