Old November 22nd 09, 09:37 AM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default First Capital Connect Inspectors strike again ! Allegedly

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 05:35:53 -0800 (PST) someone who may be The
Gardener wrote this:-

my pet hate stations were Luton and the late unlamented Kings Cross
Thameslink; at Luton in particular, some staff acted like they were
trainees for the Gestapo.

Really?

I suggest you get a sense of proportion. There are many things wrong
with some railway staff, but none of them come anywhere remotely
near the Gestapo. I knew someone, who died some years ago, who had
every bone in his body broken by the Gestapo, amongst other things.
I have yet to hear of railway staff doing the same thing, but no
doubt you will give us some examples of similar levels of violence
carried out by railway staff.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54