Old January 3rd 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Steve Steve is offline

Default we'll all drown!!

In article , Steve Firth
writes
Steve wrote:

And in 1915 there were 21,500,000 horses in the UK

No, that was the horse population of the USA in 1915.
In the UK the figure was about 1 million at that time and today it is
about 1 million.

so what?

Indeed, so what? You were only 20 million out. And of course the
relationship between horses and cars is umm not entirely obvious, since
the UK horse population is actually growing at an estimated 30,000 per
annum.

Oops, read the figures wrong. My mistake - that blows a hole in that
argument.

IN 1905 BTW, there were already 16,000 motor cars on the road, if you
want a figure to compare with the laughably small ambitions of the fuel
cell junkies.

Where did anyone say they were going for world domination? Perhaps they
are being realistic.

Oh, well, at least I can admit I'm wrong when I am.

--
Steve