Old November 23rd 09, 12:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristan Miller Tristan Miller is offline

Default Maryland with an Oyster travelcard?

Greetings.

In article 8d69f553-a5cc-4a9e-
, Abigail Brady wrote:
On Nov 23, 12:33 pm, Tristan Miller
wrote:
Is it permitted to travel between Liverpool Street and Maryland with a
Zone
1–3 Oyster travelcard? There's no Oyster card reader to touch in or out
at Maryland, though I've made the journey both ways several times
without
apparent incident. That is, going from Maryland to Liverpool Street,
the exit gates have always opened upon swiping my card, and going either
way, I've never had any money deducted from my PAYG balance.

Yes. Maryland is in zone 3. Liverpool Street is in zone 1. You have
a zones 1-3 travelcard. There is no problem.

And if I meet a ticket inspector on the train to Liverpool Street, they're
just going to take my word that I boarded at Maryland rather than, say,
Shenfield (or some other Zone 3 station without barriers)? That seems
rather open to abuse.

Regards,
Tristan

--