Old January 4th 04, 12:53 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
Aidan Stanger Aidan Stanger is offline

Default Massive Airport expansion announced

G Crozier wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004, (Aidan Stanger) wrote:
G Crozier wrote:

To hell with more airports in the southeast we only have one decent
airport here in the northwest and that's Manchester and the time is
long overdue for us to have another the same size or larger .

Why? Do any other airports in the NW operate anywhere near their
capacity?

We only have one and that has I stated is Manchester in the SE there
are 4 or 5 major airports each within easy reach of people living in
the area I am thirty odd miles away from Manchester people living in
the Cumberland area have around a hundred mile journey to Manchester .
Capacity doesn't matter it is accessability that matters which many
people up here in the northwest don't have.

It was size you were complaining about before, and there's no point
building another airport (or even expanding an existing one) if there's
already enough capacity to satisfy demand.

If access to airports is the problem then you should say so in the first
place.