Old November 23rd 09, 01:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tristan Miller Tristan Miller is offline

Default Maryland with an Oyster travelcard?

Greetings.

In article 6a2c18a1-7885-4075-
, Abigail Brady wrote:

On Nov 23, 1:27 pm, Tristan Miller
wrote:
And if I meet a ticket inspector on the train to Liverpool Street,
they're just going to take my word that I boarded at Maryland rather
than, say,
Shenfield (or some other Zone 3 station without barriers)? That seems
rather open to abuse.

It's not a question of "take your word for it". You have a valid
ticket for where the ticket inspector found you. If you had a paper
ticket from Maryland to Liverpool Street, wouldn't the same question
arise?

I suppose. I just found it strange that the station lacks an Oyster card
reader, when every other station I've been to in Zones 1–3 has one.

Regards,
Tristan

--
_