Old January 4th 04, 02:21 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.air,uk.transport.london
G Crozier G Crozier is offline

Default Massive Airport expansion announced

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:53:40 +0000,
wrote:
I take it you want it somewhere other than in your own back yard. ;-)

That's where you are wrong in my case I would love one in my own back
yard has you put it in fact to live a stones throw from HRW would
please me no end .
Let's just wait for a plane or two to demolish Slough

One did fall out of the sky a few years ago now over Slough if I am
not mistaken the captain didn't close the flaps or something after
taking off I think this is the one.
27/10/1965 London, UK VC-9 BEA Crew tiredness .
Lancs and Cheshire have many, many
farmers who'd like nothing more than to sell a few hundred acres and
retire without worries.

You think so did you not here about the big stink they all made when
the second runway was proposed at Manchester ? .
Personally, I'd bung in a fiver for demolition of 'The Swamp'
(Trafford Park, Salford and *outside* Manchester) to make way for a
new airport!

What's the point of building in the Manchester area the people in
North Lancashire and Cumbria would be no better provisioned regarding
access .
A much better place WOULD be right in my " back yard" the BAC
establisment at Salmlesbury nr Preston about 5 miles away from me
and if I am not mistaken I think a 747 has been down on there once
soon after they went into service .
Grant .