Old January 4th 04, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Peter Lawrence Peter Lawrence is offline

Default Unique pedestrian crossing in Burnt Oak

On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 17:12:05 -0000, "Jeremy Parker"
wrote:

The Burnt Oak barnes dance stated off as part of DfT (as it then
wasn't) research project S205Q. "Junction Improvements for Vulnerable
Road Users", project management by Faber Maunsell in St. Albans.
Mysteriously there has never been a report of the research, and none
is planned, although the research should long since have been
completed.

In St Albans, we have always crossed the main crossroads diagonally
when necessary, without the benefit of any special markings or
research reports. I wonder where Faber Maunsell got the idea from?
--
Peter Lawrence