Old November 24th 09, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default OEP

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Graham Harrison
writes

I read that to imply that I can only buy a single ticket on PAYG. If I
make a return journey between the same pair of stations I will be charged
another single rather than a return (e.g. right now - 1453 on 24 Nov)
single Chiswick/Clapham Junction is £2.10 return 3.10

If you were currently allowed to use PAYG for that journey, the cost would
be £1.10 each way. In 2010, when you will be allowed to use PAYG, the cost
will be £1.30 each way, or £2.60 return.

So, if you currently pay £3.10 for an off-peak day return ticket, you will
be 50p a day better off using PAYG.

so with PAYG I'll pay £1.00 more than if I buy a "real" ticket.

I don't understand how you've come to that conclusion. A single journey on
PAYG across two zones (excluding zone 1) will be £1.30 next year. And it's
the same even if you travel at peak times, unlike your current ticket.

--
Paul Terry

Ah... I hadn't appreciated there was a change in the fares as well.