Old November 25th 09, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default OEP

Mr Thant wrote:
On 24 Nov, 20:17, Paul Corfield wrote:
How very, very odd. When I went to that page earlier today it had a
load of detail about the post 2 Jan 2010 situation on it. It included
paragraphs on OEP. Now when I look it is not there. I wonder if it
worked because I linked through at work during my lunch break??

No, I saw it too.

The text about OEPs here is almost identical to what was on TfL's site
this morning:

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk...iCmsPageId=509

There has been a presumption (judged across a number of threads, blogs etc)
that OEPs will not be available at NR stations, but in that linked article
it includes:

"Oyster Extension Permits can be set at any Tube or London Overground
station ticket office or touchscreen ticket machine; Oyster Ticket Stops;
selected National Rail ticket offices or _self-service ticket machines
displaying the Oyster card reader logo._"

In the TfL/ATOC media briefing 'FAQs' (linked elsewhere) it reads
"Passengers will be also be able to add pay as you go credit at most
National Rail stations."

So maybe as we speak, they are tweaking the NR TVM software to provide both
PAYG top ups and OEPs from 2nd Jan? IIRC the LO TVMs were retrofitteed with
Oyster facilities in pretty short order when they went over to TfL...

Maybe everyone should wait and see before assuming the worst...

Paul S