Old November 25th 09, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default OEP

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Paul Corfield
writes

I doubt that many NR stations will end up selling the full range of
Oyster services. We're £40m down in terms of this upgrade and there
is little expansion of Oyster capable retailing as a result. It's
only at joint stations plus whatever LOROL has taken over from
former TOCs. Why do you imagine there has been such a massive
expansion and re-equipment of the Oyster Ticket Stop network?

I wonder why the money spent on this expansion was not used to provide
Oyster retail facilities at NR stations. Surely that would have been
more useful to passengers, given the likely shift from paper tickets
to Oyster on NR throughout London?

The media briefing 'FAQs' suggests that Oyster PAYG top ups at least will be
available at 'most NR stations', presumably via modifications to the TVMs.

There are already some TOC stations where Oyster Travelcards are retailed,
maybe these will be increased as well?

Paul S